Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR - weird issue with the on-screen display quality

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by martin2345uk, Aug 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. martin2345uk

martin2345uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

First time poster here, I hope I can explain myself and the issue I'm experiencing...

I have a Humax HDR Fox T2 PVR, linked to a Hitachi 32inch HD TV. I have had it a couple of years, and it's great, never had any problems with it.

Then yesterday when I turned it on, I noticed that the quality of the on-screen display, like when browsing recorded media, or the TV guide, has noticeably degraded. The best way I can describe it is like on a PC, when you lower the resolution via the control panel, everything loses its sharpness slightly.

That's what it looks like - the font now all looks a little bit rough round the edges.

The actual TV picture is still fine as it was.

The other thing that started at the same time is that sometimes when turning it on, I just get the blue screen on the TV. I have to turn the PVR off and on again, then I get the channel I should be getting.

Well if that makes any sense at all, :confused:, does anyone have the slightest idea what could be causing this?

Thanks for reading...!

Martin

2. bow79

bow79

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Picture could have defaulted to a lower resouluton output check you menu. eg not 720

3. martin2345uk

martin2345uk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are a genius!

I was hunting in the settings for such an option, and nothing to be found, so checked the remote control and found a button called V-Format, which toggles between 560 (or something), 720 and 1080. Must have sat on it yesterday and switched it!

I'd never have thought of that to be honest so thank you very much.