Humax HDR Fox T2 or Panasonic DMR PWT 420

brmmbrmm

Standard Member
After a fair bit of research, i've narrowed my choice of AV upgrade to the above, and would welcome any advice. There are 4 things in particular i'm after:

1. Record SD quality films then transfer to an ipad/android for offline viewing. The humax seems to allow PC compatible usb sticks, but the panny says it formats usb storage in proprietary format. However i think i could access the files via buzzplayer using dlna, and buzzplayer has a copy media option. But is buzzplayer slow - i mean does it need to copy by streaming real time? If not it might actually be easier than usb sticks, and potential 4gb fat limitations.

Also the panny manual does make a point that it can't stream copy protected recordings, but are they just covering themselves for something that is pretty rare, or is copy protection common?

2. Stream live tv or recorded content to an ipad/android via dlna or panny's diga player.

3. I'm unsure how important this one is, but i think it might be useful to control the player and schedule recordings remotely via iphone/android

4. BBB iPlayer, 4od and general web browsing

Thanks all

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom