Humax HDR FOX T2 - HDMI Connection

chrish7

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have a SONY VIERA TV and have successfully connected it to my HUMAX PVR using an HDMI cable etc.

Everything is working as expected, except for the following :-

When I have the TV turned on and am viewing using the TV only, if I turn the Humax on I expect the TV screen to show the Humax feed without any intervention from me ... however I have to select the AV4 input source in order to obtain the picture. I thought this should be automatic.

A clue could be that I need to set something called 'HDMI Control' on the Sony TV as the blurb says this causes the two items to 'talk' to each other.

Am I on the right lines ?

Thanks

Chris

The control system used for hdmi auto selection is called cec control. Different makers give it different names (Sony calls it Viera Link). Implementation across different makes of kit can be a bit iffy.

Humax boxes don't have cec.

The control system used for hdmi auto selection is called cec control. Different makers give it different names (Sony calls it Viera Link). Implementation across different makes of kit can be a bit iffy.

Humax boxes don't have cec.

Panasonic actually.

I've got a Sony TV (KDL-40V4000 which I think is around 5 years old) - I have to select the HDMI input manually. Also, the TV sometimes flashes an error message about HDMI handshaking so I think this is an issue with the TV not understanding what the Fox is saying.

Panasonic actually.

Oops - Bravia Sync. :confused: Had the op had a panny it will autoswitch on AV1 based on port activity like a hdmi auto switch does.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom