humax HDR-FOX T2-G or Pana DMR-HW120EBK

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by drummerpip, Aug 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. drummerpip

drummerpip
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me choose which of these PVRs (Humax HDR-FOX T2-G or Pana DMR-HW120EBK) would be the best buy to use with my new Panasonic ST50 (TX-P50ST50B) display? Many thanks.

2. spinaltap

spinaltap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,292
    I have been an avid Panasonic owner for over 30 years.

Along with my brother, we both purchased a 37" Panasonic plasma together with a Panasonic HDD/DVD recorder (within three months of each other).

Surprisingly, while the plasma keeps on working, both of our Panasonic HDD/DVD recorders died within a few months of each other.

At the time (twelve months ago), I could have chosen the newly released Panasonic pvr - but I chose the Humax instead (and my brother opted for a Sky HD box instead).

What is more, at that time, Humax appeared to offer better support for their product in terms of software updates compared to Panasonic.

I have been very pleased with my Humax, and glad that I chose it instead of Panasonic...

...but the choice is yours.