Humax HDR Fox T2 + Blu Ray player or Panasonic BWT700??

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by noidea, Jan 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Hi all

I need to get my mother in law a freeview and dvd solution and am torn between the above 2 set ups.

My hesitance regarding the Panasonic is that although it is a one box solution, that may actually make things more complicated for her given the number of options and the complexity of the remote (she won't be doing any archiving).

That said, it is one less remote to teach her and would avoid changing inputs to switch between devices.

Cost wise it would be a wash

Any thoughts?

2. IanTHarvey

IanTHarvey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I'd say if she only occasionally watches DVD/BDs to go the separates solution, as most of the time the Humax will provide all the viewing and PVR functionality for her, and it does this well.

3. Gavtech

Gavtech
    Administrator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,864
    If she is not going to do any archiving then getting a machine with the complexity of the BWT700 is overkill and wasted expense.

A more suitable candidate is the PWT500, Detail here which is a twin tuner HD PVR with a bolt-on Bluray/DVD Player... which will have a whole layer of complexity removed.

4. noidea

noidea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +123
    Thanks, hadn't seen the PWT500. Looks ideal