• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

humax hdr conflicts

legacy42

Standard Member
Hello,
I have a humax hdr and I am fed up with freesat.when recording BBC1 I cannot access bbc2, ch4 bbc3 bbc4 itv+1 itv4+1 more 4 more4 +1 and ch 135-203.
recording itv1 cannot access bbc2 ch4 ch5 .
recording ch4 cannot access itv1 bbc1 more4 itv2 itv+1 itv4+1 ch139-206.I have two feeds into it and the connections are fine. anyone know what's going on here?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Either the hdr is faulty or more likely the connections are not fine.

First check that the lnb connections are on the right sockets (the two outer ones). If wrong correct the wrong connection.

Now do a factory reset and check the hdr reports two cables found. If not the second cable is not delivering a sat signal. Badly fitted f plug may be.

If you have a firmware installed other than the latest V12 diagnostics will report two good signals even without a cable on input 2.

dcli

Standard Member
My problem with Humax HDR is when it is recording in standby.

When booting in it will not allow picture on the set, only sound, no problem recording two channels any other time. Only use Hdmi connection.

Any advice in settings, never had this problem with Sky Box and is connected with same set up (no scart connected ) also a factory reset.

Hope this makes sense , hard to explain this problem.

Dave

scouseflyer

Standard Member
Like Legacy42 I'm having the same problems with recording conflicts.Tried recording a programme on BBC HD at the same time as a programme on CH4 whilst watching ITV1 at 7.00pm tonight and got a conflict.Had this problem before so followed Graham's advice re factory reset this morning.This reported that my two inputs were recognised,also checked connections and that inputs are connected correctly and all ok,yet still the problem persists as outlined above.Anyone any further ideas?

SF

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
My problem with Humax HDR is when it is recording in standby.

When booting in it will not allow picture on the set, only sound, no problem recording two channels any other time. Only use Hdmi connection.

Any advice in settings, never had this problem with Sky Box and is connected with same set up (no scart connected ) also a factory reset.

Hope this makes sense , hard to explain this problem.

Dave

You have the dreaded HDCP - HDMI handshake problem. Possible fixes. Try a different hdmi input on the TV if it has one.

Try changing the input source on the TV and then back to hdmi to force renogotiation of the problem

Try cycling the vformat button on the hdr to do the same as above

Ask the TV maker if there is a fimware upgrade for the hdmi input.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Like Legacy42 I'm having the same problems with recording conflicts.Tried recording a programme on BBC HD at the same time as a programme on CH4 whilst watching ITV1 at 7.00pm tonight and got a conflict.Had this problem before so followed Graham's advice re factory reset this morning.This reported that my two inputs were recognised,also checked connections and that inputs are connected correctly and all ok,yet still the problem persists as outlined above.Anyone any further ideas?

SF

You can't record BBC HD and CH4 at the same time and watch any ITV 1 region. The channels you could have watched were 125 More 4 + 1, 300 Film 4, 301 Film 4 + 1, 951 or 954 BBC 1 CI/West.

First thing to realise you have only two tuners. Normally this would only allow access to two channels but the Humax has a very clever trick up it's sleeve (afaik unique amongst sat pvrs). Each of it's two tuners can handle two channels at once if they are on the same transponder.

see this post

http://www.avforums.com/forums/pvrs-vcrs/946727-humax-foxsat-hdr-problem-3.html#post11373998

scouseflyer

Standard Member
As ever many thanks Graham-the handbook is less than clear in that it appears to suggest that you can record two channels and watch a third without limitation.

SF

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom