Humax HDR 2000T remote control RM-109U

TVEye

Humax recorders work fine, but their remote controls, although well laid out, are notoriously abysmal when it comes to reliability. The one supplied lasted only three months and the I persuaded Humax to replace it with fared little better. I now have to juggle the two remotes, trying to find different buttons on each that work.
I was going to order another new one, but I concluded that paying the extra for a genuine Humax one could be a waste of money, when a cheaper copy was unlikely to be any worse. Has anybody managed to find a copy of it which works properly and has proved reliable?

MReed

I have just replaced a remote for our Humax fvp5000 with an alternate make from Amazon. I did a search for RM-109U on Amazon and there are quite a few alternate makes available.

TVEye

I have just replaced a remote for our Humax fvp5000 with an alternate make from Amazon. I did a search for RM-109U on Amazon and there are quite a few alternate makes available.
Thank you. I've seen all the cheaper alternatives, one of which received a terrible review. I do like the layout of the Humax original remote control, which is far better than the horrible one I have for a TalkTalk YouView box. The problem is that the actual remote itself must be as shoddy as the copies, it's just a matter of finding one that people have used for a reasonably long period. With the Humax original you can expect at least one of the buttons to fail after only three months.
The worst one I've ever had is for my Samsung Q90T television. I got so fed up of accidentally pressing the buttons for Netflix, Amazon video and Rakuten TV that I've physically prised them out of the unit with a pocket knife.

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom