Humax HDR 2000T Failing Hard Drive and other Problems

JudgeDredd2010

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I suspect the HD on my Humax HDR 2000T is going to go. Now and and again it has started to make whistle noises. The Humax HDR unit is well over then years old.

I am going to back up the stuff that's on it on to a USB HD just in case. Can anyone tell me how to do this as I have forgotten.
Also, is there a way to find the size of its drive from the Menu? and can you put Open Source Operating Software on it?

If it comes to it that I need a new HD then I would need to do this.

Thanks

It all has to be done via the Humax server, although when I tried just now it failed to connect.
Filezilla Site Manager had stored Host: 192.168.1.18 Use explicit FTP over TLS if possible. User: HumaxFTP. I suspect something has changed since I last backed up onto my computer.

Silly me - I forget this every time. The box has no wi-fi, so it has to be plugged into the router to connect. Get your FTP address from the Humax settings menu.

Last edited:
It all has to be done via the Humax server, although when I tried just now it failed to connect.
Filezilla Site Manager had stored Host: 192.168.1.18 Use explicit FTP over TLS if possible. User: HumaxFTP. I suspect something has changed since I last backed up onto my computer.

Silly me - I forget this every time. The box has no wi-fi, so it has to be plugged into the router to connect. Get your FTP address from the Humax settings menu.
Thats not correct unless they have changed it. I did it before and copied stuff to a USB Drive. I just can't remember how I did it. And I have no idea like i said how to install Open Source Operating Software if I have to format the Humax HD.

Thats not correct unless they have changed it. I did it before and copied stuff to a USB Drive. I just can't remember how I did it. And I have no idea like i said how to install Open Source Operating Software if I have to format the Humax HD.
Well I bought mine when they were still quite new and that's how I had to do it right from the start. The usb slot was always considered pretty much useless for anything except updating firmware.

It seems there is a fix to allow you to transfer the recordings to a usb drive and then play them on another machine, but it all looks a bit complicated to me.

Well I bought mine when they were still quite new and that's how I had to do it right from the start. The usb slot was always considered pretty much useless for anything except updating firmware.

It seems there is a fix to allow you to transfer the recordings to a usb drive and then play them on another machine, but it all looks a bit complicated to me.
What I did was copy them on USB Pen Drive. I them moved them from that onto the HD of my pc and burned them onto a DVD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom