Humax "HDMI not connected"

Red Max

Novice Member
Hi - I have a Humax PVR 9300t. A couple of days ago the tv showed HDMI not connected and in the "source" function the only selectable box was the "TV" one. I've switched the Humax and tv off and on - pulled the leads and plugged them back in - over and over again. Still shows HDMI not connected and in the "source" function the only selectable box still the "TV" one.

I'm a complete technophobe so am utterly lost here - any comments or suggestions ... PLEASE !
Max

Try replacing the HDMI cable - even a cheap one from Poundland or similar

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
The 9300T SD-only PVR is long past it's sell by date.

BUT if the TV supports it, use a scart cable between the two to prove that it still works, as well or instead of another hdmi cable? The PVR also supports the Composite PAL RCA jack cables: yellow (video), black (left sound) and red (right).

Also check if other hdmi inputs on the TV can be used - hdmi inputs can sometimes fail on TV sets.

You may need to re-enable any inputs that have been hidden via the TV settings menu - you may need to :rtfm: to do that?

Red Max

Novice Member
Hi - The TV is a SAMSUNG UE32K6600AK (or at least I think it is - the info label is sideways on and in a font so ridiculously small that I don't think SAMSUNG ever intended anybody to be able to read it).
It doesn't have a scart socket.
I've swapped the HDMI between ports on the TV and when then looking at "source" that doesn't make any difference to none of the HDMI boxes being highlighted.
I've found the TV "settings" menu but in the various sub-sections I cannot see anything for switching HDMI ports on / off.
(If you are wondering if you are talking with somebody so old they have trouble working the remote control - congratulations - you're right)
Max

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Hi - The TV is a SAMSUNG UE32K6600AK (or at least I think it is - the info label is sideways on and in a font so ridiculously small that I don't think SAMSUNG ever intended anybody to be able to read it)
I cannot find that model listed.
Is a UE32K5500AK perhaps?
Do you have a magnifying glass you can use to check the label again?

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I know in your first post you stated you had “switched the humax and the TV off and on” but very basic and something anyone with a weird TV problem should try...have you tried unplugging/switching off both the TV and PVR at the power socket, waiting say 30mins then plugging back in/switching on again?

Red Max

Novice Member
JayCee - Have just turned everything back on after 15 hrs unplugged - no change - in "source" still none of the HDMI boxes "live". Are we getting to the point where the Humax PVR 9300 is going to be declared to be deceased ????
Max

Red Max

Novice Member
I'm afraid not - I have one tv and am in extended lock-down because of age and serious health issues.
I have partly resolved the issue though with the help of Mr John Lewis and his "Partners" - a new Humax Fvp 5000t 1tb delivered to the door.
HOWEVER >
When was it that manufacturers lost the ability to explain things in any way which makes sense ???!!!
For example "Editing Channel List" pp 23 of the manual - "Delete - Delete channels from the channel list." - Where the H**l is the delete button ?
Max

Gallifreyan

I think you highlight the channel
then press the plus + button on the right hand side of the remote
The Delete option will probably come up on screen.

Red Max

Novice Member
I think you highlight the channel
then press the plus + button on the right hand side of the remote
The Delete option will probably come up on screen.
Hi - thanks - I've found how to do it, but my goodness why cannot these people communicate information clearly, concisely, jargonless ?
Max

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020

Trending threads

Top Bottom