Humax HDCI-2000 search problems using Motorised Dish

barrykap

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone set up a Humax HDCI-2000 with a Motorised Dish without problems?

I am sure it is 'operator-error' but I can't for the life of me see what I am doing wrong.

When I first had it, I connected it up to my four separtae LNB's on a Toroidal dish using Diseq switching (A,B,C,D). It worked fine, no problems at all.

Then this morning I decided to connect up my motorised dish using Diseq 1.2 and again it seemed fine at first. I first reset the receiver to default settings then stopping the 'wizard' and changing to motor-dish etc. I tuned in Astra 1 OK (I had preset the motor dish posistion using another box) and did a channel search. All was fine.

But for the life of me I cannot get it to search on any other satellite. Even though I can move the dish to any Satellite OK and save the dish position (incidentally I hate USALS and prefer to do it all 'by hand'). But when I have located another satellite it will not then let me do a channel search, it only allow me to do a search on the original Astra1 Satellite, which was the first one I tuned to and always appears in the Satellite list when I try to search. It seems to be locked on just the one Satellite for channel search mode. Any sat can be chosen for dish-moving, but will not allow searching on any but Astra 1.

In the 'Edit Satellite' page, under each new Satellite I try to tune in, is a greyed-out 'disabled' alongside the 'activate' tag. But no way can I get it to change to 'enable.' The menu cursor just by-passes this option and can only 'save' the settings. Astra 1, which IS shown as 'enabled' is the same. I cannot access this tag to change it to 'disable'.

Can anyone throw a light on this?

Thanks a lot.

Barry

Has anyone set up a Humax HDCI-2000 with a Motorised Dish without problems?

I am sure it is 'operator-error' but I can't for the life of me see what I am doing wrong.

When I first had it, I connected it up to my four separtae LNB's on a Toroidal dish using Diseq switching (A,B,C,D). It worked fine, no problems at all.

Then this morning I decided to connect up my motorised dish using Diseq 1.2 and again it seemed fine at first. I first reset the receiver to default settings then stopping the 'wizard' and changing to motor-dish etc. I tuned in Astra 1 OK (I had preset the motor dish posistion using another box) and did a channel search. All was fine.

But for the life of me I cannot get it to search on any other satellite. Even though I can move the dish to any Satellite OK and save the dish position (incidentally I hate USALS and prefer to do it all 'by hand'). But when I have located another satellite it will not then let me do a channel search, it only allow me to do a search on the original Astra1 Satellite, which was the first one I tuned to and always appears in the Satellite list when I try to search. It seems to be locked on just the one Satellite for channel search mode. Any sat can be chosen for dish-moving, but will not allow searching on any but Astra 1.

In the 'Edit Satellite' page, under each new Satellite I try to tune in, is a greyed-out 'disabled' alongside the 'activate' tag. But no way can I get it to change to 'enable.' The menu cursor just by-passes this option and can only 'save' the settings. Astra 1, which IS shown as 'enabled' is the same. I cannot access this tag to change it to 'disable'.

Can anyone throw a light on this?

Thanks a lot.

Barry

If I remember right I added the satellites on the initial setup menu.
The book and menus are a bit vague.

Yes I am wondering if when I reset it to defaults I ought to try and set up satellites first before doing a search on one satellite.

I'll give that a go tomorrow and report back, thanks.

Big breakthrough I think!

What I did was I let the 'wizard' complete it's Astra1 scan first from a full reset. But instead of accepting the default 'No Diseq' I chose Diseq A just to try something different. I then let it get on with the scan, which brought in encrypted channels as well (I would not scan for these myself). Anyway, after the scan was complete, I changed the method to MOTOR (which of course discards the scanned channels just completed) and I could then select each Satellite in turn from the 'Edit Satellite details' menu option to first 'activate' them.

Once this is done for each Satellite I want to use I can then select each Satellite from the activated list to tune in and scan.

Phew!

Very tricky and something Humax do not tell you about.

It does seem that IF you leave the wizard to select 'no Diseq' as default, you are then left with NO Diseq 1.2 either when you later change to motor drive.

Anyway it looks like it's OK now and I can get scanning!

'Hate' isn't the word really.

Maybe I just prefer to get my hands dirty and do everything myself. It's more fun! :)

Still having problems with 'activating' a satellite. While all 'official' satellites listed in Humax database are channel-searchable (enabled), I tried to enter a 'user-defined' satellite as the one I wanted is not in the supplied database (I have installed the latest firmware too). I entered the name and the position in the Edit Satellites menu. Then went to motor position and could actually move the dish to tune in the new Satellite OK with my transponder details entered. Got a good signal etc. Then as soon a I then go to 'search channels' the satellite shown at the top is replaced automatically by the last one I viewed. I then try to select the 'new' Satellite again but it is not in the selection list!. Yet it is in the edit satellite list but once again the dreaded 'activate' setting is shown as 'disabled' and it won't let me change it to 'enabled'.

Any ideas?

Yes, it is driving mine now, which I think is a Cryptik H-H

Only one slight glitch which happens occasionally is the receiver will 'hang' after switching between a few satellites at once (eg when scouting about hunting channels). It will display 'motor moving' and the channel it is moving to will show on the front panel OK. But that's it. The screen will not display the channel. Nothing else will work either so have to switch off at the back and back on again and it will come on OK with the channel showing.

This only happens when I am switching Sats to and fro in quick succession.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom