HUMAX hdci-2000 how does it work?

badass chris

Hi every 1 as im sure you can tell from the title I have just got my hands on a humax HDCI-2000 but it was an ex display one and didnt come with any manual I have managed to find bbc hd but cant seem to get any other hd channels I have sky+ with most of the normal channels is there any other channels this box can get that my sky+ cant? I see in the hannel search there is lost of satalites to choose from are they for different language channels? is there a list somewhere that shows all the channels you can get and how to get them? I have channel 4 hd listed along with a few others but none work apart from bbc hd

thanks in advance

Fred Smith

To get other HD channels you will need to point your dish at another bird as pointed out. CH4 HD and Luxe TV HD on 28.2 are currently encripted, it might be possible to get them using a suitable CAM and Sky card, but you would need to check that out before buying anything.

fernandez

Distinguished Member
The user manual (if you want/need it) is downloadable from Humax (.pdf file)

Luxe TV-HD is AFAIK FreeToAir according to their website

A Dragon/T-Rex or Diablo CAM will accept a Sky subscription card but a Sky receiver will still be needed to keep the card up to date

badass chris

thanks for the useful information does any 1 know if i get a freesat card will i be able to use it to receive channel 4 hd? also what would be the cheapest cam to work with this card and where might I get one from?

thanks again

katkins

Standard Member
If I was you I would wait a few months for the launch of Freesat (the BBC/ITV version). It is intended that there will be several HD channels available on it, including BBC1 and 2, ITV and Channel 4 (maybe even Five and others int he BBC/ITV/C4 families).

Although the full spec and transmission details are not fully known at the moment, it is very likely that you will be able to pick up all these channels with your hdci-2000. Some functions, such as EPG and interactive services will not be available without a dedicted Freeview receiver. You won't even need to move your Sky dish as the channels will be transmitted on the same satellites - i.e. the FTA channels that you can currently receive on ur Humax will stay where they are and just come under the Freesat umbrella.

You can find plenty of information on Freesat on AV forums or by dooing a Google search.

Tas1

thanks for the useful information does any 1 know if i get a freesat card will i be able to use it to receive channel 4 hd? also what would be the cheapest cam to work with this card and where might I get one from?

thanks again

Yes. I use a freesat card in a Diablo CAM and can get CH4 HD. See Alsat forum.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom