• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax Hdc12000, Hdtv Box, Free Hdtv

stuart.garlinge

Standard Member
JUST BEEN READING A BLOG AT WWW.BLOG.ACTIVEHOME.CO.UK AND IT SAYS HUMAX HAVE JUST LAUNCHED A SET TOP BOX THE HDC12000 TO RECEIVE ALL FREE-TO-AIR HIGH DEF SATTELITE BROADCASTS MPEG HD, ETC ETC FOR FREE, THE COST IS ABOUT £300 FOR THE BOX, DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY MORE DETAILS ON THIS BOX AND WHAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO VIEW,

Starburst

Distinguished Member
Stating the obvious but trying the Humax website may provide details.
:)

stuart.garlinge

Standard Member
yeah it is obvious going to the Humax website but didn't want to read the biased Humax pitch, i wanted views from the real world on these products,
thanx.

Tony B

Established Member
stuart.garlinge said:
JUST BEEN READING A BLOG AT WWW.BLOG.ACTIVEHOME.CO.UK AND IT SAYS HUMAX HAVE JUST LAUNCHED A SET TOP BOX THE HDC12000 TO RECEIVE ALL FREE-TO-AIR HIGH DEF SATTELITE BROADCASTS MPEG HD, ETC ETC FOR FREE, THE COST IS ABOUT £300 FOR THE BOX, DOES ANY ONE HAVE ANY MORE DETAILS ON THIS BOX AND WHAT YOU WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO VIEW,

Why bother when they can supply a box with Nagravision CAM and 2 CI slots for the same money? And it is available now.

I don't see any point in buying a box which does not have any capability with encrypted broadcasts. Unless it is much cheaper. Which this one is not....

sprattgraham

Established Member
Spoke to a bloke at Humax a few weeks ago and he told me the 1200 model will be the same as the one in Germany just it does not have the Nagravision slot.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
stuart.garlinge said:
yeah it is obvious going to the Humax website but didn't want to read the biased Humax pitch, i wanted views from the real world on these products,
thanx.

Good point but at least you would see the hard specs and at this time there are not many mpeg4 HD receviers in the market intended for FTA only although the other Humax HD receiver has generated some user comments on these and the DS forums.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom