• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax Hd R with Diseqc switch

kris42

Standard Member
Having installed my new Humax Foxsat H DR several weeks ago, I can now advise that depsite the advice otherwise, it does not work correctly using a diseqc switch.

Having been able to receive all channels on both Astra 2 and Eurobird with a disequ switch taking one lead off the twin lnb to input 2 on the switch and connecting the switch to lnb 1 on the Humax, and a second lead direct to the lnb 2 inpout on the Humax, all was well until two days ago.

I have Astra 1 on disequ switch input 1 from a second satelkite dish and single lnb.

Now I am met with a bad or no signal meesage and when doing a factory reset, the Humax is unable to find the a signal. Unplugging everything and then reconnecting everything and doing another factory rest results in all being well.

Switching the Humax into standby and leaving it for a couple of hours and then switchign it on results in the bad - no signal message and a second factory reset reuolts in no signal from the lnb!

Reconnecting everything up again and it may then find the signal or it may not.

If I skip the auto set-up and tune manually, it then finds the signal and loads all non-Freesat channels ok! Then doing a Freesat tune results in it not finding any channels!! Doesn't make sense to me!

I have spent 3 days fiddling around, spoken with Humax tech support and all to no avail. they simply say that with a disqc switch the only loss is the ability to record two channels whilst then watching a third. But that is not my expereince!

Only conlusion is that eitehr my machine is faulty or the Humax Foxsat HD R does not work with a diseqc switch.

Any ideas?? Or do I need to take this machine back to John Lewis?

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
There should be no problems, You can give each tuner a second lnb feed using two diseqc switches. Dual tuner working in freesat mode is also possible, using usals and a motorised dish is not. You have to set up the arrangement using the secret setup menu.

http://foxsat-hdr.wikispaces.com/DiSEqC

kris42

Standard Member
Thanks for the response I had already downloaded the suggested document in order to utilise the secret menu on setup.

I have finally resolved the problem - LNB fault and twin LNB being connected to diseqc switch LNB 2 input, caused the problem!

Swapping the twin LNB on dish aimed at 28.2 east to input 1 on the switch resulted in a stable installation and the twin tuner capabilities on freesat mode being able to be used, although you cannot watch just any third channel whilst recording two different channels.

The faulty LNB was on the second dish set at 19.2 East. I swapped this out and attached it to Diseqc switch input LNB 2 and now all is well.

Phew!!!!

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Thanks for the response I had already downloaded the suggested document in order to utilise the secret menu on setup.

I have finally resolved the problem - LNB fault and twin LNB being connected to diseqc switch LNB 2 input, caused the problem!

Swapping the twin LNB on dish aimed at 28.2 east to input 1 on the switch resulted in a stable installation and the twin tuner capabilities on freesat mode being able to be used, although you cannot watch just any third channel whilst recording two different channels.

The faulty LNB was on the second dish set at 19.2 East. I swapped this out and attached it to Diseqc switch input LNB 2 and now all is well.

Phew!!!!

You can only watch a 3rd channel while recording two subject to the following.

Recording two from different transponders only channels sharing a transponder as either recording can be viewed

Recording two from the same transponder eg 102 and 105, any 3rd channel can be viewed and also paused live.

Open this file in your browser for a list channels sorted by transponder

FoxsatStaticMK2_011.htm - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom