• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax HD Box - Judder/Dropped frames

JacksterD

Standard Member
Hey people, I've been having a problem with my Foxsat HD. When I'm watching it I often notice that quite a few times during programs the picture will judder, as if the frame rate drops dramatically for about half a second, then it recovers until it happens again usually a few minutes later.

I never had this problem with my Panasonic Sky Digibox which the Faxsat replaced, and I don't have this problem with the Sky+ box in the other room which is connected to the same dish, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with the Foxsat or any other satellite receiver. I'm trying to figure out if it's a fault with the box or another piece of my setup. I get this problem with both the HDMI and Scart outputs.

Any suggestions?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
There was a similar (maybe) judder problem on the FortecStar Passion box until a software update was released to fix it. I have a Passion box and occasionally still see this issue on a mis-tuned channel. For example, when the C4 channels were moved around recently my then C4 set-up actually got C4+1 - the picture was juddery and there was no audio. However, a re-scan fixed this.

Given that you're the only person reporting the issue (that I'm aware of) then it sounds like a local issue of some sort. Have you power-cycled the box? Have you tried the box on a connection that your Sky box uses?

HTH

Clem

Spanglemaker

Yes, I've had this occasionally over the past few days on my Grundig Sky box, so wouldn't have thought it was anything specific to your Foxsat.

e.g. during "who wants to be a millionaire" last night.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom