Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Humax HB-1100

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Boots0608, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Boots0608

Boots0608

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I recently picked up a second hand Humax HB-1100 freesat box (after some advice on here about freesat boxes v openboxes).

Anyway, after plugging it in for the first time it worked a treat, and has done since (all be it its set up on a second tv so only being used once or twice a week tops).

Over the weekend it was on fine, i then had to pop out for an hour so i just pressed the power button on the humax remote and turned the tv off. On coming back and powering up the humax box i am just getting an error now saying "Audio/Video Buffer Underrun", and there are no channels. I have tried to do a search again for channels and its finding nothing but prompting the same error.

Has anyone got any idea whats gone wrong? I messaged humax on facebook, they initially got back to me straight away asking for more details, after providing those iv had nothing from them despite chasing.

Before trying a factory reset on it, given the level of support from humax, i wanted to see if anyone can suggest an alternative. I have done a quick google search but nothing i found helped.

2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,033
    Try removing the power for 30 mins or so (or overnight) - Pull out the power supply from the back of the box.

3. Boots0608

Boots0608

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I removed the power supply overnight, and all day today, just tested now and same issue.

Its just weird how it was working fine before.

Iv chased Humax on facebook but still no update or reply since their original query reply.

Any other suggestions?