humax hard drive problems - help!

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by lake, Sep 8, 2007.

Tags:
  1. lake

lake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had a Humax 9200 for about two years now, and have found it has changed the way I watch TV completely. I'm actually really surprised (and pleased) to see it is still being reccommended on this forum as one of the best!

However, in the last few days it has started reporting "Hard drive error" whenever I try to playback anything recorded. After fiddling with it for a couple of days, looking for any updates (there were none) and leaving it switched off for a couple of days, I dedcided to format the hard drive (sob!) but this doesn't seem to have worked either. It still won't play any recorded items...it actually switches itself off & on again and reboots when I try.

So...advice please. I'm quite philosophical if I have to buy a new one, but I want to exhaust the other possibilities first.

Thx

2. crammedin

crammedin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    You might be suprised to know these machines have a 2 year warranty. Even if you bought it in 2005 it wont be a year old yet as they started hitting the shelves and online from the latter part of October that year.

If you give them a call on Monday what they will probably do is arrange with you a date to come over with a replacement machine and take away your old one. I think its DHL they use and its free while you are under warranty.

3. lake

lake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Astonishing!!!

I gave them a call and they were absolutely fine about it....just asked me to decide whether I wanted an exchange or repair!

It is being exchanged over on Friday.

Thanks Marcdavis...you're a star!