Humax fvp 500t remote and Phillips ambilight tv

Bossblue

Novice Member
Hello,
just bought a new Phillips ambilight tv
have setup with fvp 5000t , no problems, previously used with Toshiba tv, which had dead screen couldn’t be repaired
I paired remote with tv, no problems, but I have found, no matter what I do, I cannot switch tv on with Humax remote, I switch on with Phillips remote, once on, I can switch on, off, whenever I want with Humax remote no problems
I ask, do you think my remote is faulty, have tried new batteries, changing channels, on remote, tried different codes, still the same
Any advice welcome

A1944

If that is a new model of Phillips TV, it could be that it is not fully compatible with the FVP 5000T which is now several years old. So, the remote may not be faulty, just not fitting with the TV.

However, have you tried all the Phillips TV codes listed on P41 of the 5000T manual? There are 20 to choose from.

102, 006, 061, 459, 435, 429, 395, 310, 302, 297,
247, 125, 110, 101, 073, 066, 054, 029, 014, 002

Bossblue

Novice Member
Many thanks for info, I have tried 4 codes and will keep on trying
may I ask, what is 100% compatible Humax box
thanks again

A1944

Many thanks for info, I have tried 4 codes and will keep on trying
may I ask, what is 100% compatible Humax box
thanks again
Sorry, I was not very clear. It is not the Humax box which needs to be compatible with the TV regarding this issue, but the remote supplied with it.

At least you have another 16 codes to try, so stick with it and you may be lucky.

JayCee

Distinguished Member
I may be wrong but I think what the OP is saying is that he cannot get the TV to switch on automatically when he switches on his Humax box?

“I switch on with Phillips remote, once on, I can switch on, off, whenever I want with Humax remote no problems”

Have a look for HDMI CEC or HDMI Control in the TV settings setup menu.

Bossblue

Novice Member
Sorry, I was not very clear. It is not the Humax box which needs to be compatible with the TV regarding this issue, but the remote supplied with it.

At least you have another 16 codes to try, so stick with it and you may be lucky.
All working 👍

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom