Humax Freeview STbs

S

Spasmo Cordez

Humax show three Freeview STBs, which is the best for just normal viewing?

F2-FOX T
F2-1001T
MG-TU1

I notice that Dabs have the F2-FOX T for $65 and the MG-TU1 for £59, and Empire-direct has them for £68 and £63.

What should I get and who has the best deal?

S

Spasmo Cordez

I had a look and it says that the F2-FOX T is just an ordinary Freeview box and that the MG-TU1 can handle a top-up card (doesn't really mention the F2-1001T).

So the inference is that the MG-TU1 is "better" than the f2-FOX T - so why is it cheaper?

What should I be getting?

ROYOLD

F2-1001T is probably an old model (notice you did not list a price for that one).

When I purchased the Humax 9200T PVR from Comet recently they had a few different Humax machines in - why not check them out on their display at your local Comet? Cannot tell you which is best - I don't use any of the ones you listed.

S

Spasmo Cordez

To be honest it's the 9200 that I want to get, but I'd thought that I'd wait for a month or two to allow Humax to get any initial problems sorted out.

However I have a friend who has the 8000 and he thinks that it's brilliant.

So I thought that I'd go for a plain one for the bedroom first (the 9200 will mean that I can get rid of Sky, depending on the wife and Nip-Tuck).

I did try with a £30 cheapie but the responsiveness of the remote was so bad I took it back.

So it's back to the plain Humax models....

LV426

Administrator
Staff member
The 8000 is very very reliable and technically pretty much flawless. Having said that, it is VERY basic; it has pretty much the same limitations as a VCR. You can only either watch OR record one thing at once as it only has one tuner. If you are recording, you can't play back a previous recording.......and so on. These are features pretty well taken for granted nowadays, and aren't offered. It may be it's gross simplicity that gives it its reliability; I gather the 9200 isn't yet free of lock-ups or other failure to record.

If you want a PVR now, then, based on what's been written here and elsewhere by others, the Fusion PVRT200 is probably the one to buy, right now.

Trending threads

Trending threads

Top Bottom