Humax Freetime HDR1000S 1TB Faulty tuner

Paula 14May

Standard Member
Reaction score
On Tuesday I bought a Panasonic 37" LED TV and the Humax 1000S 1TB PVR for my friend as explained in my earlier posts.

The purpose of this post is to record the fact that at least one Humax 1000S has been delivered with a faulty tuner.

The guy doing the delivery did not test the equipment properly.

But this evening I did.

Result: Two satellite cables work perfectly OK on Tuner 1. Neither work on Tuner 2. The signal report shows an excellent signal on Tuner 1 and no signal on Tuner 2 regardless of which way round one attaches the cables.
So I am going to see the supplier tomorrow.

By the way, the Freeview aerial, which I thought was probably defunct due to its apparent condition and lack of use for three years, is producing a 100% signal enabling my friend to watch Freeview as well as Freesat.

Paula

Tuner 2 is switched off until its needed... its not a fault. Try recording 2 channels and it will show up as working

Really? I mean, why would they have two setting areas showing signal strength and quality if you couldn't tell the signal strength and quality until recording two channels?

I can only pressume its a power saving feature...

Example pics of mine, just now!

Attachments

• 2013-04-05-23-43-15.jpg
    2013-04-05-23-43-15.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 285
  • 2013-04-05-23-40-15.jpg
    2013-04-05-23-40-15.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 321
OK Dave I'll just have to pop in to her place in the morning and check it out instead of going down the shop loaded f'r bear......

Many thanks for answering my post and putting me straight.

Paula

OK Dave I'll just have to pop in to her place in the morning and check it out instead of going down the shop loaded f'r bear......

Many thanks for answering my post and putting me straight.

Paula

Just ask her to tune to 108 BBC1-HD and press the record button, Now tune to 119 ITV-HD and press record again. Now tune to 109 BBC2-HD and press pause. At this time you are recording 3 channels. ITV-HD is being recorded to the time shift buffer. Stop one of the two recordings and press record on ITV-HD this will then also record from when you started to watch it from the buffered content. In fact you can always record any 3rd channel you can watch in this way :D

Last edited:
Thanks for that.

Paula

Just ask her to tune to 108 BBC1-HD and press the record button, Now tune to 119 ITV-HD and press record again. Now tune to 109 BBC2-HD and press pause. At this time you are recording 3 channels. ITV-HD is being recorded to the time shift buffer. Stop one of the two BBC recordings and press record on ITV-HD this will then also record from when you started to watch it from the buffered content. In fact you can always record any 3rd channel you can watch in this way :D

Post #6 Corrected
:thumbsup:

Pete

Last edited:
If you knew what this lady is like, you would realise that she would not even be able top understand any of what you have pointed out let alone act on it. She cannot manage the up-down left right and OK navigation buttons yet after nearly a week and often gets so confused that she forgets how to do the very simplest of things, such as which button turns the TV on.
However, I have checked out what you said and confirmed that it is right, so many, many thanks for saving me from making myself look like an idiot by going to the shop and reporting a fault.
At least if ever I get a Humax box for myself I will be aware.

Paula

I think you meant

Just ask her to tune to 108 BBC1-HD and press the record button, Now tune to 109 BBC2-HD and press record again. Now tune to 119 ITV-HD and press pause. At this time you are recording 3 channels. ITV-HD is being recorded to the time shift buffer. Stop one of the two BBC recordings and press record on ITV-HD this will then also record from when you started to watch it from the buffered content. In fact you can always record any 3rd channel you can watch in this way :D

Pete

No I didn't. The HDR-1000/1010s unlike the Foxsat-hdr will time shift any viewable channel even when both tuners are used recording from different transponders. Of course when recording from two transponders you can only watch (and timeshift) a 3rd channel sharing a transponder with either recording. You can't do as I posted on a Foxsat-HDR

There was an error though - stop one of the two BBC recordings should have said one of the two recordings (one ITV and one BBC). Put it right now.

Last edited:
If you knew what this lady is like, you would realise that she would not even be able top understand any of what you have pointed out let alone act on it. She cannot manage the up-down left right and OK navigation buttons yet after nearly a week and often gets so confused that she forgets how to do the very simplest of things, such as which button turns the TV on.

give it a month and she will be recording 3 channels, and watching a 4th live on freeview :laugh: wowing the neighbours :rolleyes:

However, I have checked out what you said and confirmed that it is right, so many, many thanks for saving me from making myself look like an idiot by going to the shop and reporting a fault.
At least if ever I get a Humax box for myself I will be aware.

Paula

:thumbsup:

the only other thing would be to check that her box has the latest software (version 1.00.37), as software prior to that was very buggy (box locking up, hard drive disappearing and needing to be formating, etc) very frustrating!

No I didn't. The HDR-1000/1010s unlike the Foxsat-hdr will time shift any viewable channel even when both tuners are used recording from different transponders. Of course when recording from two transponders you can only watch (and timeshift) a 3rd channel sharing a transponder with either recording. You can't do as I posted on a Foxsat-HDR

There was an error though - stop one of the two BBC recordings should have said one of the two recordings (one ITV and one BBC). Put it right now.

Yes - I could just see the wording was wrong

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom