Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Humax Freesat PVR compatible sender / receiver?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Mel2907, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Mel2907

Mel2907
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, please can anyone help?

We lived in a bungalow with loft conversion, and used a Philips sender / receiver kit to wirelessly transmit Sky+ signal to an upstairs tv, with very little interference and perfect remote control reception etc.

We have now a) transferred to a Humax PVR Freesat thingy and b) moved house. We cannot get the Humax and Philips to get on at all, and don't know if this is because of the new house, the remote control on the Humax or what. Our main problems are stacks of interference and no response from the remote control. Just having the Philips kit switched on kills our Wifi dead (it never used to do this), and there is little point taking yourself upstairs to watch something with no remote response at all.

Can anyone recomend how we can send / receive (wireless preferred), retaining both our Wifi signal and use of the Humax remote control??????

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!

2. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +813
    1) Relocate the router? Where was it in the bungalow cf where it is now?

2) Change the wi-fi channel to another (and/or the channel for the Philips) to minimise/eliminate the interference? {use wired instead of w-fi connections and switch off the wi-fi?}

3) Get a 5GHz sender unit which is then in a different band to the wi-fi (2.4Ghz).

BUT first switch of the router and see if it works OK then (including remote). There may be other reasons why it isn't working in your new home and its possible the IR used by Humax isn't compatible with the sender (many won't do cable TV boxes, for example).

3. Mel2907

Mel2907
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi there

1) In the bungalow, the router was in the lounge, new house (proper house) is on windowsill by staircase. The two places / distances are similar.

2) using wired connections for broadband simply not an option as hub uses a mobile device rather than computer. we've tried switching channels and have got to the one with least interference on tv but still no good - still blocks b/b wifi signal.

3) hmm had already looked at a 5ghz option but wanted to be sure it worked with Humax and remote... i guess we'll look at that again

The remote will not control the Philips box regardless of the router being on or off, so we need to get a new sender receiver unit I guess... thats why i think we will look at 5ghz ones - any recomends would be great!
    Thanks again

4. Rodders53

Rodders53

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +813
    Sadly I've no experience of the 5GHz senders. If no-one is forthcoming here it might be worth checking out the Hummy.org.uk forum to see if the infra red remote issue has been covered there.

5. Mel2907

Mel2907
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Rodders:)

6. Mel2907

Mel2907
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi, I don't know whether this helps anyone on here, as I have relied so heavily on some of the forums. We have Freesat via a HUMAX Foxsat PVR and have just bought Maplin's Nikkai AV senders (5.8ghz). Not only do they work perfectly sending an interference free signal to the second tv upstairs, the remote works too - something I know a lot of people have had problems with (including us). So there's my recomendations...

7. Chubby200

Chubby200
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just received this reply from One for all re the SV1760.

(From the description you make, it seems that the Humax free sat box you have is HDCP 2.2 ( as most of the later digital boxes are). Could you please check the specification of the Humax to confirm this?
    If it is indeed HDCP 2.2, unfortunately, as the SV 1760 is only HDCP 2.0 compliant it will be not compatible.

In that case, you can return the SV 1760 to the dealer as not compatible device.)
    that will not be possible as I destroyed the boxes and I set it up in France.
    Still it shows that marketing is not very clever.... I now have to find another wireless sender.
    Neither Humax or One for all seemed to explain this on there web sites.