Humax Freesat HD - Scart in Component out

Stumpywhu

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've recently bought a Humax Freesat HD box.
Due to limited inputs on the TV, I have to loop the Freeview box I already have through it.

The only way to connect, is Scart from Freeview box into Humax, component out of Humax to TV.
SHOULD this work? (as it doesn't at the moment!).

Thanks.

Why would you expect a satellite receiver to have a relatively expensive RGB to component video converter built into it?

Your only solution is a scart input switching unit into the TV.

I wouldn't have a clue just how 'relatively expensive' an 'RGB to component video converter' is, so I wouldn't 'expect' anything.

Same way I don't know how expensive a scart in to phono out was, so wouldn't automatically 'expect' that either.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
The scart connections on the Humax Freesat box are marked 'TV' and 'VCR' - i.e one for outputting video to your TV, the other to a separate recorder. Since they are both outputs, you can't use them to input video and hence loop a video signal through.

Would be helpful if you posted the model of TV you're using as well as all the equipment you have to connect, so we could recommend a way to conenct it all up.

The scart connections on the Humax Freesat box are marked 'TV' and 'VCR' - i.e one for outputting video to your TV, the other to a separate recorder. Since they are both outputs, you can't use them to input video and hence loop a video signal through.

The FOXSAT-HD does have a SCART loop though. The source button at the top of the remote should switch the source...

The FOXSAT-HD does have a SCART loop though. The source button at the top of the remote should switch the source...

Thanks, but I guess the question's been answered in that although it'll loop through, it will only output through scart, not 'convert' to component.

Would be helpful if you posted the model of TV you're using as well as all the equipment you have to connect, so we could recommend a way to conenct it all up.

Panasonic PW7 Plasma.
3 boards can be fitted, I have 1 Scart and 3 component.

I have a Feed from my Downstairs SKYHD run to 1 component.
I need to add a Blu Ray player (component), Freeview (Scart only) and Humax Freesat HD (component).

Only solution I could find was to use 3 component boards, looping the Freeview scart through the Humax Freesat HD.

It does have an additional VGA, but as far as I know, it doesn't take audio.

Thanks, but I guess the question's been answered in that although it'll loop through, it will only output through scart, not 'convert' to component.

You can buy a DVD/Blu-ray* recorder which will do this for you... (but it would be more cost effective to buy a switch box...)

*The Panny Freesat recorder should be able to do this...

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom