• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

humax freesat and splitting signal with dreambox 7020S

icewinder

Standard Member
i recently purchased the humax HD freesat so i can make use of my panasonic HDMI 1080P tv.i do own a dreambox 7020 on a motorised system so i decided to send a feed out from the dreambox 7020s lineout to the humax freesat box line in.when i do this the humax says "100%! signal and bounces between "90%" and "100%" .

the problem is i lose most channels on the freesat and cant get any on my satelite.i tried a splitter as a 2nd option and the same happens again.once i run them direct from the dish everything is fine.
is there anyway round this or do i need a 2nd dish for the freesat ? or can i boost the signal in anyway so both can run on the one dish ?.

icewinder

Standard Member
so i take it that it is not possbile to split a signal from a say a sky dish and use it for both sky and a humax freesat ?.someone else must have tried it so far.

chrissyman

Established Member
To use both boxes you need to upgrade your LNB to dual/quad, you can't split the signal from a single LNB it will cost around £20 i think if you do it yourself .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom