Humax FPV 5000T signal test

the whistler

My normal source is Freesat using a Humax Freesat recorder, but in summer I tend to lose the picture due to neighbours trees, so as a backup I bought (from Humax direct) a refurbished Freeview box. This works fine, but when I checked the signal level in the settings, it displays strength 85% and quality 100% for tuner 1, but tuners 2 and 3 show 0%. All tuners seem to be working OK as I successfully test recorded three programs whilst watching a fourth.

Just wondering if it is normal to show no signal on tuners 2 and 3?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
My normal source is Freesat using a Humax Freesat recorder, but in summer I tend to lose the picture due to neighbours trees, so as a backup I bought (from Humax direct) a refurbished Freeview box. This works fine, but when I checked the signal level in the settings, it displays strength 85% and quality 100% for tuner 1, but tuners 2 and 3 show 0%. All tuners seem to be working OK as I successfully test recorded three programs whilst watching a fourth.

Just wondering if it is normal to show no signal on tuners 2 and 3?
You don't say which box, Assuming its a FVP5000T or a FVP4000T

The box shuts down unused tuners presumably to save power.

If you force the box to use 3 tuners they will all show

Start a instant redording from the HD mux say BBC1 HD on 101 - uses tuner 1

Start a second from PSB 2 say ITV on 3 Uses Tuner 2

Start a third from COM 4 say 20 drama - Uses tuner 3

now check the signal again.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom