Question Humax FPV-5000T Recording

Embattle

Standard Member
Reaction score
So we've had some issue with recording programmes recently, it appears to be an issue mainly caused by the World Cup games being all over the place and recording things that are no longer on because they've been moved to another time/day.

So last week I programmed the box to record the whole series of Holby City with one of them due on Tonight (10th July 20:00-21:00) however it is now apparent that it is no longer on tonight due to football, this particular episode is on tomorrow now but the box didn't seem to adjust the time and would still of recorded the time tonight (football) and not the one on tomorrow so would of been totally missed.

This thread is for satellite boxes. Guessing you have the FVP-5000T which is a terrestrial box. Set a manual recording for Holby City timed when you know it will be on.

Yeah my mistake could do with it moved to FV section.

As for the manual recording, that I can do but in reality with the box I don't see why I should have to when I select whole series.

Yeah my mistake could do with it moved to FV section.

As for the manual recording, that I can do but in reality with the box I don't see why I should have to when I select whole series.

The issue is down to the BBC failing to correct the CRID codes and/or the epg, it's nothing to do with the box. Basically garbage in garbage out. ITV-HD is just as bad total failure to record Emmerdale and Corrie last week. Manual recording is designed to get over just this situation. If you had a Youview box you would be stuffed as there is no manual recording options.

So would it still be a CRID issue for the scheduled recording even when the EPG now shows something different?

Is it something that is more problematic when recording the HD channels?

So would it still be a CRID issue for the scheduled recording even when the EPG now shows something different?

Is it something that is more problematic when recording the HD channels?

I doubt it, I always record HD if available. I can't see why HD would be any different than SD, when you look at the extra regions you can use when using a satellite Freesat box the problem with CRID issues would be greatly magnified.

On a Freesat+ box you have access to all BBC HD and SD regions thanks to the fact that all of them can be used virtually anywhere in the UK.

Terrestrial restricts your choice to whatever transmitters happen to be in range.

Freesat options on virtually any box.

950 BBC 1 London 10773 H
951 BBC 1 CI 10773 H
952 BBC 1 E Mids 10788 V
953 BBC 1 East (E) 10788 V
954 BBC 1 East (W) 10773 H
955 BBC 1 N West 10802 H
956 BBC 1 NE & C 10802 H
957 BBC 1 NI 10817 V
958 BBC 1 Oxford 10817 V
959 BBC 1 S East 10802 H
960 BBC 1 Scotland 10802 H
961 BBC 1 South 10817 V
962 BBC 1 S West 10817 V
963 BBC 1 W Mids 10788 V
964 BBC 1 Wales 10788 V
965 BBC 1 West 10773 H
966 BBC 1 Yorks 10802 H
967 BBC 1 EYrks&L 10788 V
968 BBC 2 England 10773 H
969 BBC 2 NI 10817 V
970 BBC 2 Scotland 10802 H
971 BBC 2 Wales 10788 V
972 BBC ONE HD (England) 10847 V
973 BBC 1 Scot HD 11023 H
974 Channel 4 10714 H
975 Channel 4 + 1 10729 V
976 BBC 1 Wales HD 11023 H
977 ITV 10758 V
978 BBC 1 NI HD 10847 V

In short, yes. Broadcasters frequently assign wrong CRIDs to programmes. As such its not a specific box or platform problem but an EPG one. As such the finger is very firmly pointed at the broadcasters on this one.

In short, yes. Broadcasters frequently assign wrong CRIDs to programmes.
That's unfair. Sometimes. IMHO rather than frequently (when you consider the number of programmes and series of programmes broadcast annually). {Other than some 'couldn't care less' types... my pet peeve is Escape to the Country not being set as series/episodes so you can get the latest rather than re-record mostly old ones mixed in with an odd new one. Effectively means we no longer watch the show.}

With these Live Sports events things have to be fluid and issues like these happen... with mistakes of the human kind most often the reason... especially when they are being rushed by very last moment schedule changes (and never expected England to progress this far?)

Holby last week was a 'failed recording', but the 10th was still in my schedule. Fortunately swmbo spotted Holby was on last Wed so we took the very unusual step of watching TV live. {We'd have use iPlayer otherwise}.
I note the same has happened last night so Holby is now scheduled for 17th... but on tonight. (Have just set it to record. So a big thank you! :clap: It is a 'solo programme' CRID (no series CRID) - and for what it's worth the same code for all SD and HD variants on satellite (fp.bbc.co.uk/1FH8ON) I'd say it's a fairly obvious and silly mistake and someone in the BBC scheduling/playout should get some retraining.:love:

If it annoys enough reporting it to BBC might help (or not:facepalm:) BBC - Complaints - Home

* despite years of logging faults with PDC from the 90s onward, and the digital equivalent these mistakes continue to happen and will, no doubt, in the future.

Although I didn't have this issue before I guess the world cup has caused most of it, just wish they did a little better on CRIDs.

Just for the record (and completeness) I've had no issues with failed recordings or, funnily enough recordings cut short due to extra time and penalties. Though that is on a YouView. Though that platforms had many recording problems as well recently due to incorrect ARs.

Last edited:
So for tonight's Emmerdale it was 19:00-20:00 but I set it up to record earlier on in the week using the Whole Series function thus it only recorded 19:00-19:30 instead of the whole hour.

So for tonight's Emmerdale it was 19:00-20:00 but I set it up to record earlier on in the week using the Whole Series function thus it only recorded 19:00-19:30 instead of the whole hour.

Recorded OK on my 5000T. Watched the recording in chasing playback about 30 mins after the programme started.

Emmerdale - Watch episodes will have the rest to watch?

Are you sure you have Accurate Record enabled on the 5000T as it sounds suspiciously like it was running on the clock time of 30 minutes per episode every day?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom