Humax Foxsat with custom firmware not recording scheduled non-freesat recordings.

WattsX99

Not really sure why this has started happening because I used to be able to schedule recordings on non-freesat channels without an issue. I'm running the 4.1.3 version of Raydon's firmware and everything else works fine. This is the schedule list from the web interface

foxsat.jpg

The first 3 recordings in red all failed to record.

And here's the weird thing - with the first recording on Saturday the 20th, I was actually up at 6:30am and saw that the Foxsat wasn't on and wasn't recording so I turned it on and immediately scheduled a recording to start at 6:33am to go until 8:15am and it actually worked - it started recording at 6:33am on the nose and finished at 8:15am.

So why does it do that and not actually do a scheduled recording set the day before ?

WattsX99

Interestingly, I set a recording earlier just to record a short block from one of the non-freesat channels and it worked fine.

It appears that it's ignoring recordings set the night before but has no problem with recordings set on the same day.

mccg

I don't know what might have changed in your setup to cause this...

But, the Humax does not switch on to record non-freesat channels.
You need to have the box out of standby already [edit: then it will record as scheduled].
The "Remote I/F" automatically schedules a dummy recording on BBC1 3 minutes before the scheduled start to force the box out of standby (if necessary - ie: no other recordings scheduled at that time)

WattsX99

Appreciate the reply, thankyou.

When I set the scheduled recording earlier on, I pressed the power button to put the box in to standby - I tend to refer to that as “switching it off” but I suspect someone might have taken me literally :)

Anyway, the box woke up to record what I’d scheduled and went back to standby when it had finished. This is what I’ve done the last few nights when these scheduled recordings have been ignored.

arbitre24

Schedule a short Freesat channel recording to start within 15 minutes of the non-Freesat recordings. It should be OK then.

arbitre24

Provided you wake the box up from standby up to 15 minutes before a recording in non-freesat mode, then that will record fine.
It seems that the box will not come out of standby to record non-freesat on its own, that is why you have to schedule the short freesat recording.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom