Humax FoxSat - switching to live TV when recording ends

EMcG

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

had a search but haven't managed to find this problem as yet.

I was watching a programme as it was being broadcast which I was also recording. I paused the recording to make a cuppa. I came back continued watching. By now I was 5 mins or so behind the 'live' recording. When the 'live' programme ended I was thrown out of my recorded version and straight back to live TV. So I then had to reaccess the recorded version and find the part where I'd been thrown out at. This has happened a few times now. How can I avoid this? Is it a known issue? I hope I've explained it clearly.

Thanks

Hi mate

Yes - it is a well known issue. You can pause a live tv program by pressing the red rec button. When you come back go into media and choose the recording from there.

Hope this helps

Mike

Thanks for your swift reply. So is there a difference between pausing with the pause button or pausing with the red rec button? Will I always have to search the media list and then through the programme from the start?

I've only being using the box a couple of weeks and am generally happy but little things like this do take the shine off an otherwise good product.

Both methods allow you to record and play back a recording at a later time.

The workaround is to press the record button then play back your recordings
from the media list (as described above)

Mike

Hello all,

had a search but haven't managed to find this problem as yet.

I was watching a programme as it was being broadcast which I was also recording. I paused the recording to make a cuppa. I came back continued watching. By now I was 5 mins or so behind the 'live' recording. When the 'live' programme ended I was thrown out of my recorded version and straight back to live TV. So I then had to reaccess the recorded version and find the part where I'd been thrown out at. This has happened a few times now. How can I avoid this? Is it a known issue? I hope I've explained it clearly.

Thanks

If you are already recording a programme the cure is to watch the recording in chasing playback. Wait 30 seconds after recording starts and watch the recording from the media list rather than live.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom