Humax Foxsat PVR ethernet connection

kustom

Standard Member
Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone knew anything about the ethernet connection on the back of the box. Ive had a good search about and every where its for sale it just states its for future updates.

I just wondered if anyone knew a kind of time scale for this update?

Cheers

kustom

Standard Member
I should point out ive not bought the box yet just very interested in buying one.
Also would there be a possibility of connecting the box to my home network to transfer the films/programmes off or would that be stopped by some kind of inbuilt copyright.

Cheers

Gavtech

Administrator
Also would there be a possibility of connecting the box to my home network to transfer the films/programmes off or would that be stopped by some kind of inbuilt copyright.

I would not hold your breath.

I will be amazed if ever such a thing comes to pass.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Hi all,
Just wondered if anyone knew anything about the ethernet connection on the back of the box. Ive had a good search about and every where its for sale it just states its for future updates.

I just wondered if anyone knew a kind of time scale for this update?

Cheers

BBCi player in the Autumn of this year

kustom

Standard Member
iPlayer would be good, i wonder if the box can manage iplayer in HD.

Shame about the network connection but i guess that was inevitable. I'll just have to wait for the new windows home server, before i can have centrally stored recorded video without the need for a htpc in every room.

kustom

Standard Member
Is there any word on itv and channel 4 vod coming or are the bbc the forerunners for this.
Cheers

Boris360

BBCi player in the Autumn of this year

Sorry for being such a noob (I haven't got my Hummy yet) but will I need an internet connection to get iplayer or does it just come through the dish?

Also, I was reading some stuff on the net about HD lipsync problems with the foxsat but they were old posts. Has this problem been sorted now?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Sorry for being such a noob (I haven't got my Hummy yet) but will I need an internet connection to get iplayer or does it just come through the dish?

Also, I was reading some stuff on the net about HD lipsync problems with the foxsat but they were old posts. Has this problem been sorted now?

You will need an internet broadband connection (thats the i in BBCi). The difference you will be able to view it in your TV instead of a PC (may be in a higher quality if streaming to a hdd pvr is possible for later viewing). No problems with lip synch apart from an occasional blip that changing channel and retuning back to force audio rescything has not solved

leebreeze

Standard Member
Just to add to this (I know it's an old thread) The Hummy has a lipsync feature which works very well.

This problem is far from specific to the hummy. This can be attested to by the fact that both my Denon A/V Amp and Sony Blu_ray player also have lipsync adjustments.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom