Humax Foxsat not recording

mole

Prominent Member
Reaction score
hi
just looking at my elderly neighbours foxsat which lost all its recordings, although showed hdd at 43% full.

I tried a record but nothing happened either from an adhoc record or from in future from TV guide.

tried the usual power off for a while at the socket back on etc..... formatted the hdd and now shows 0% full as expected.

however still won't record anything.

any ideas, I can try a new hdd but as a last resort.

cheers

What about signal levels and so forth? Can you access the hard drive?

signal levels I assume are fine, had no breakup, hdd is accessible I think I could switch between video, pictures etc,, and also when formatting could spec the size for video.

So, swopped out HDD in the end and now working fine, I received a pack of KitKats for my efforts so everyone's happy.

My Humax foxsat is not recording from the schedule. It will record a live programme . Any ideas? Everything is plugged in ok. I tried turning on and off.

Same problem here. It looks as thought the info that allows Accurate Recording to work is not being sent at all. I have changed to padded recording and that is working.

Hopefully this will be fixed but in the meantime to enable this on your Foxsat:

Menu / Settings / Recording Start Time & End Time

Options are Auto, 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins or 5mins

I think the problem is also affecting G2 boxes too - i.e. HDR-1000, HDR-1010 etc

To enable padding on those:

Home / Settings / General Settings / Recording / Start Padding & End Padding

Options are Auto, 2 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins

The padding trick works thank goodness but will mess up the recordings of those who make successive recordings ie with a channel change. They will miss endings!
Has Freesat or Humax been informed?

Same problem here. It looks as thought the info that allows Accurate Recording to work is not being sent at all. I have changed to padded recording and that is working.

Hopefully this will be fixed but in the meantime to enable this on your Foxsat:

Menu / Settings / Recording Start Time & End Time

Options are Auto, 1 min, 2 mins, 3 mins or 5mins

I think the problem is also affecting G2 boxes too - i.e. HDR-1000, HDR-1010 etc

To enable padding on those:

Home / Settings / General Settings / Recording / Start Padding & End Padding

Options are Auto, 2 mins, 5 mins, 10 mins
Recording start and end time are greyed out for some reason , I can’t see the words start and end packing.
On googling they advise factory reset, but on trying the passcode 0000 wasn’t accepted, so in the past there must have been a different password and instructions were given to change the password to 0000, which eventually I managed. Unfortunately I couldn’t put this in as the satellite dish symbol was greyed out , so I couldn’t get on to factory reset
Grrr!
Are saying this is affecting lots of other humax users too?
Update - I have done the factory reset , so wait to see if it is recording from schedule

Last edited:
The padding trick works thank goodness but will mess up the recordings of those who make successive recordings ie with a channel change. They will miss endings!
Has Freesat or Humax been informed?
At least I am not alone- perhaps I should have done nothing and waited!if I do the the padding trick, then humax put the problem right, do I have to reverse the padding action?

At least I am not alone- perhaps I should have done nothing and waited!if I do the the padding trick, then humax put the problem right, do I have to reverse the padding action?
I’ve only added one minute before recording and one after but it’s not ok as permanent fix as it will mess up serial recordings of different channels

Humax now contacted by email.

Both my Humax boxes failed to record a programme on More4+1 last night. No idea why. The braindead software gives no clues as to what caused the failure.

The big issue for we Humax Feesat kit owners is that Humax has no real interest in the platform now, and any software updates would result in costs that they won’t want to carry. I think it unlikely that we’ll see any new firmware from the company for our boxes.

You would if like me it interferes with your usual recording profile!

It's happening to a lot of humax freesat owners. There's a service status update on the Freesat website:

-

Issue with failed recordings on some Freesat boxes​

We are aware of an issue with recordings failing on some Freesat boxes. Our team is working hard to resolve this as soon as possible.

We understand the inconvenience caused during this time and appreciate your patience.

We will give further updates as soon as they become available.

Thanks. I understand Humax aren’t making freesat boxes anymore. Ours is over 10 years old , and has been fine, so don’t know what sort to get next.

Humax has sorted the problem. Can someone check all ok now please.

Yes, back to normal. Wish I hadn’t gone to all that bother factory resetting now! Thanks for advice given- I’ve learnt a few things.

It'll be interesting to see if my box records 'This Is Going To Hurt' tonight. It would be nice to know exactly what the issue is/was.

I've read the book. The series only covers a period in 2006, rather than the whole four years that the doctor was busy delivering babies.

Pleased it’s been sorted as I was beginning to think I would need to buy 2 new pvrs and the only decent alternative has mixed reviews. Have had my Foxsats for over 10 years.

Good news. Its all sorted now.
Bad news. I don't have an excuse to go out and buy a 4k box now.

Good news. Its all sorted now.
Bad news. I don't have an excuse to go out and buy a 4k box now.
There’s so little recordable UHD put out currently so how much use would you make of it?

It’s the ability to record up to 4 streams at once, with the correct LNB, which is the attraction of the Arris box. Sadly, it’s still a bag of bolts, but other than FTA boxes or s/h kit, there’s no other option for Freesat. Come back, Humax, all is forgiven.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom