• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Humax Foxsat-HDR

jonno2

Novice Member
How can I tell how much space I have left on the HDD. ? Is there a place where I can find this?

Simple question from a non-tech. Jonno2.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Wrong thread, this is the terrestrial Freeview thread.

The custom firmware will tell you exactly. Without it press media, top right is a bar graph that shows percentage of the used space.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
I just press MEDIA on the remote and the on-screen display shows HDD plus a bar and %age figure for how full the disk is (for the Video/Radio allocation which is the normal default).

Pressing the coloured buttons <yellow or blue> for the Music/photo shows the same for the disk space allocation that you preset during initial setup.

For me its currently 60% and 3% on my 1TB disk where I allocated a fair bit to backup some photos on the HDR and then never bothered to use it.

The custom firmware is not required for this... but it has many other uses.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I just press MEDIA on the remote and the on-screen display shows HDD plus a bar and %age figure for how full the disk is (for the Video/Radio allocation which is the normal default).

Pressing the coloured buttons <yellow or blue> for the Music/photo shows the same for the disk space allocation that you preset during initial setup.

For me its currently 60% and 3% on my 1TB disk where I allocated a fair bit to backup some photos on the HDR and then never bothered to use it.

The custom firmware is not required for this... but it has many other uses.

As I said the CF gives you an exact figure, you don't have 1TB of storage on a 1TB drive as the following shows.

screen_2014-04-08 15.05.32.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom