Humax Foxsat-hdr What does the USb do

curupet

Standard Member
Reaction score
This box has a USB slot on the front and one on the back too .
I have tried connecting different devices and the only use I found was to load the update software .
According to the manual I should be able to connect a memory stick or a hard drive .
The box does sometimes recognize that a USB device is connected but I cant find access this device .
I need some help please .
Its not that I need another device exactly , I just hate not being able to use the the box to the full
:lease:

From dim memory: plug in the stick, press Media to get list of recorded programmes, then press Opt and select File Manager. I've managed to transfer a recording to the stick this way but note that HD recordings won't be playable on any other device.
There might be an issue with the format of the stick, i.e. FAT32/NTFS - check the manual.

Hi.
Should be able to play MP3s and show photos too; press media and note the coloured tabs; press colour twice to trigger 'change device', and right to move from HDD to USB.
--
Regards, Iain.

Thanks to the two people who responded to my call for help.
I can now look at Photos and listen to music but I haven't yet figured out the video part .
I can copy a saved video to a usb hard drive and the copy will play on the computer using the VLC media player

If you want to playback video not recorded by the box you need a free utility written by Raydon to create the support files needed by the box (AV2HDR). Native recordings use 4 file types with the same name. 3 of these are needed. .ts (the video/audio), .hmt (recording details) and .nts (file navigation data). The 4th type .thm merely holds the chapter thumbnails.

The box is a lot more useful if the Custom Firmware add on is loaded. You can transfer files directly over a home network along with a host of other goodies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom