Humax Foxsat hdr upgrade

paperwhite

Standard Member
Hello everyone, new member here (with probaby an old queston.) Purchased the foxsat hdr, think its a great little box, sadly it does have its perculiarities. It will loose channels when its recording or SOMETIMES it wont record 2 channels at once (even though it has a twin tuner and i do have two cables connected to the box from the LNB) I've been trying to follow the upgrade instructions for my foxsat hdr from the Humax website. Downloaded (Foxsat HDR-upgrade_hdf) on to a 1gb memory stick as instructed, plugged into the sat box, turned on sat box, kept finger on 'on' button for the recommended 30 seconds, was expecting to see the download progress on the screen but it was if there was no memory stick plugged in. im sure it can be done but i dont know if the problem is with the box itself or am I overlooking something??? Any suggestions would be very helpful. thanks

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
What version of the firmware and loader does menu/system/diagnostics say you have ?

The filename you quote is incorrect it should be

FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf note that because windows by default is set to hide file extensions it's all too easy to finish up with a file called FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.hdf.hdf.

The hdr can also be a bit picky about usb sticks. With the hdr booted does it display a usb connected message when you insert the stick ?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom