Question Humax Foxsat HDR replacement

staceydsf

Standard Member
Had our Humax HDR Foxsat with the custom firmware since new, but it's finally begining to give up the ghost with freezing, needing a power cycle to re start it. So...is there something on the market that will do everything this excellent box does? ie freesat EPG and record two channels removing all the encryption tosh for archiving? Not too botherd by the Nas mount feature now, as Kodi does the same thing....Thanks in advance

TJT1

Short answer is NO.
Currently no Humax Freesat boxes available.
Most can record two or more channels
Don't think you can remove encryption on them, but not 100% certain.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Encryption: You will need to go HTPC or Enigma type box route. Non freesat but with add-ons via internet to simulate the 7 day EPG of freesat. Should allow C4 HD recording easier?

Do check out the HDD and Maintenance mode first? The -HDR may still have life left in it?

mekon

I understand that Humax are planning to release new products this year, hopefully a replacement for the Foxstat HDR will be one of them.
Meanwhile Freesat have just released a new non-recording box on Amazon and are due to follow with an HDR version shortly.
Apparently these are being made by a company called Arris, what I can see so far looks promising.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Apparently these are being made by a company called Arris, what I can see so far looks promising
But they will certainly be unable to do what the OP wants.
Only non-freesat boxes, or the box he has now, can.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
I understand that Humax are planning to release new products this year, hopefully a replacement for the Foxstat HDR will be one of them.
Meanwhile Freesat have just released a new non-recording box on Amazon and are due to follow with an HDR version shortly.
Apparently these are being made by a company called Arris, what I can see so far looks promising.

Since they lost the Freesat supply contract to Arris. Humax no longer make Freesat boxes other than the single tuner HBxxxxS which record to USB.

Some details of the new box is now available, The box can use the Sky-Q lnb so would easily support multiple tuners. But sadly it only has two, this will only help Sky-Q leavers that will be able to use there existing wideband lnb.

There is link to the box manual on another thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Bowers PI7 wireless in-ear headphones review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom