Humax FOXSAT HDR network problem

KradWEB4

Hello,

I have one of the above machines, it’s a few years old but has been working perfectly ever since I bought it. I have had it connected to my network via home plugs so that I can watch iPlayer on it. All of a sudden it has lost connectivity. When I go into the menu to select a DHCP connection it tries to pick up an IP address but fails and all settings remain at 0.0.0.0. I have factory reset it without any luck. I have a Mac Mini connected by the same home plug (it has 4 ports) and when I swapped the cables over the Mac was still connected to my network whereas the Humax still couldn't so I presume this is a problem with the Humax, anyone had this problem before?

REPASSAC

Suggest you try a cable connection which should show if there is a problem with the network port or not.

KradWEB4

I thought that might rule out the home plug so I got a really long ethernet cable and plugged it into the Humax - no dice, tried to get an address via DHCP and just got a series of 0.0.0.0 Plugged the cable into the Mac Mini and it worked perfectly. I should add that the green light on the ethernet port on the Humax comes on when a cable is plugged in, the orange one flickers very occasionally.

REPASSAC

Suggest you try resetting your router. In previous cases this has solved the problem. If not try a Fixed IP and see if you can ping the IP from a PC.

KradWEB4

Nope, no iPlayer and an IP of 0.0.0.0

I wonder if it's worth taking the Humax apart and checking for loose connections?

Railway

I would make a note of the mac address of the HDR (get it from the network page on the HDR) and set up a reservation on your router. Leave the HDR set to DHCP and the router will only give it the reserved ip address, much more reliable this way.

KradWEB4

I actually had a reserved IP for it, the router can't see it now though and the Humax can't see the network.

Railway

Yes, tried that this morning...
Only last thing I can think of is you say the leds show some activity so could it be a driver problem?

The drivers presumably are in the firmware which maybe has become corrupted so try reflashing it.

Last edited:

TJT1

Here we go again!

winston2010

This ought to be enough to cause a certain member some consternation. :)

HDJuiceBox - Stream HDTV around your house using existing power sockets : JUST HDMI

I can just imagine the comments to the makers :devil:
Off topic aren't you? But seeing as you have brought it up again the suppliers of that technology is AClass Technology who are members of this forum and are aware of the problems of PLT. They also claim not to have had any complaints, though of course that does not mean the problems are not there. In fact they will be as we cannot change the laws of physics.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Off topic aren't you? But seeing as you have brought it up again the suppliers of that technology is AClass Technology who are members of this forum and are aware of the problems of PLT. They also claim not to have had any complaints, though of course that does not mean the problems are not there. In fact they will be as we cannot change the laws of physics.
Sometimes your posts are unbelievable. This thread is about some one having problems with a Foxsat-hdr. By the time of your usual (and frankly totally predictable) reposte, it's clear the home plugs were not involved. Therefore your usual diatribe is entirely off topic.

logiciel

Enough!

KradWEB4

Oh dear, home plugs not very popular round here? Anyway, I have spoken to Humax and they have sent me the software to re-install. Is it wise to do so? I have used Raydons software on it in the past and will want the ability to drag files off for archiving and also to control the box via the LAN in the future. Will the latest version of the Humax software break that?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Oh dear, home plugs not very popular round here? Anyway, I have spoken to Humax and they have sent me the software to re-install. Is it wise to do so? I have used Raydons software on it in the past and will want the ability to drag files off for archiving and also to control the box via the LAN in the future. Will the latest version of the Humax software break that?
Installing the custom firmware will also install the matching Humax firmware. If you install the stand alone Humax version the CF will stop working. Re-installing the CF that matches the Humax firmware should restore everything as it was (the files will still be on the hard disk).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom