Humax FOXSAT-HDR Freesat+ Freesat+ and ESPN?

Kieri

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone first time post so go easy.
I was wondering if someone could answer a question. I really like the look of the Humax Foxsat-HDR and im very keen to buy. However i have read that some people are saying that ESPN is not available. However could i not use the CAM slot in the box and purcase a ESPN card or even a Top Up T.V one?
If this is the case and i can do this will the espn be automaticly broadcast in HD due to the HD capabilities of the Humax.
Thanks for any responses

Hi and welcome to AVF, but "the CAM slot in the box"?:confused:
You missed an important supermod fixed thread immediately above where you first posted yours:
*****NO SKY or FREESAT Related THREADS In Here*****
Logi

Last edited:
Hi everyone first time post so go easy.
I was wondering if someone could answer a question. I really like the look of the Humax Foxsat-HDR and im very keen to buy. However i have read that some people are saying that ESPN is not available. However could i not use the CAM slot in the box and purcase a ESPN card or even a Top Up T.V one?
If this is the case and i can do this will the espn be automaticly broadcast in HD due to the HD capabilities of the Humax.
Thanks for any responses

I had to use the cam slot in my freeview tv for espn as its not available for the foxsat hdr which is a shame as i cant record espn but it works just fine.

What works just fine?
Cards for terrestrial Freeview and cards for satellite are of course quite different, not interchangeable.

Ok sorry for the confusion.:rolleyes:
I am led to believe there is a card slot in the Humax HDR letting me insert a card.
If this is so, is it compatable with a espn or top up tv so i receive espn as a subscription and will i automaticly receive ESPN HD? I hope this makes my question a little clearer.
I hope some one can clear this up for me as i would love this free sat box but only if i can get espn hd.:( Thanks for any replies

There is a slot for a cam (conditional access module) but unless you can get a cam that works with the subscription card (doubtfull) it won't help you.

To watch ESPN HD you need a Sky HD box and Sky and ESPN subscription.
Topup tv only on Freeview.

That's OK, and it IS clear now.
I haven't come across anyone being able to use a Premium channel - including ESPN - subscription card in a CAM.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom