Humax FoxSat - HDR feeding via LAN to Humax HDR Fox-T2?

HDRW

Standard Member
I have several Humax devices, all successfully connected to my LAN. I can see programmes recorded on an HDR Fox-T2 on an HD Fox-T2 (both Freeview), but I can't see anything on the Foxsat.
I am running custom firmware 4.1.3 on the 'Sat, and initially it couldn't be found by the T2s. Looking at it's web server I saw the various software that can be installed, so I installed Mediatomb and Twonkyserver 5.
Now selecting Network on a T2 I can see "Twonkyserver [Foxsat-HDR]" but it has nothing beneath it ("Upper Folder") only.
I can also see "Mediatomb" which shows "PC Directory", which has nothing in it.

Looking at Twonky server on the 'Sat's web interface it says the trial has finished and wants a registration number, but the link to the Twonky Store, to buy one, goes nowhere useful (looks like a placeholder for an abandoned domain).

So how do I get the Foxsat to let me see and play recorded programmes on other Humaxes?

Cheers,
Howard

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
1) Use Townky 4 not 5. Install from the Repository. 4 is 'free'.
2) You need to set up Twonky server on the -HDR to share the /media/video directory (and other directories if you need them).

Works for my -HDR and -T2.

HDRW

Standard Member
Thanks muchly - that now works fine. I could have fiddled for hours (more hours!) without this information.
Cheers!

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Thanks muchly - that now works fine. I could have fiddled for hours (more hours!) without this information.
Cheers!

Do you get the correct Audio on HD recordings. On a G2 freesat box you get the audio described soundtrack and no way to change to the main audio track ?

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom