Humax Foxsat HDR Accurate Record

safemist

Standard Member
Just bought this, and it says the Accurate Record is only available when the Record> Early Start Time and Late Start Time options are set to On Time, but there isn't an On Time option on my machine. The options include Auto, or else a varying number of minutes. I've double checked the process to make sure I'm on the right screen, but that's all ok. So any ideas if Auto = On Time?

Thanks.

MrGamer

Novice Member
I think it just means auto pal, thats what mine is on and when it does decide to record it starts just as the program comes on.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
It's a cock up in the manual, on time refers to the Humax Freeview pvr's. As already said the option is called auto on the hdr

M

Michel

Another 'newbie' to the forum so I apologize in advance if my slight digression on the subject is in the wrong place. As an avid 'recorder' - I have some 90 odd programs on my schedule at present - I suffer from the 'auto' syndrom in that if I have, say, 3 programs to record; 2 consecutive on one channel - 20 to 21 hours and 21 to 22 hours and another 20:30 to 21:30 on another channel and the 1st program runs late - even by only a minute or two - I lose something!! The machine will accept the programming initially but the clash warning message appears at the end of program 1 and I have 60 seconds(not long enough) in which to decide what I must do. Doing nothing results in the machine arbitrarily and with great secrecy deciding which program to cut: naturally not the one I would have chosen!! Using the padding option just makes the case worse! Does anyone have a simple solution? I get around it by using a TV program schedule on the computer and resetting one of my FTA STBoxes to cover possible clashes but it is very long-winded

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
There's not much you can do about this if the other tuner is committed to a recording. If you have only 1 tuner available to make the consecutive recordings and the first overruns the default action is to complete the first before starting the second which is normally what most would wan't.

M

Michel

Many thanks for the speedy reply; as I thought, no qwik-fix! I was hoping there was some way to persuade the automatic channel recorder to kick in and help. At least, if, as you say, the default action is to complete the first before starting the second, I know what's going on but a number of times I have lost the second recording altogether - failed - unknown reason! It would be nice to know what procedure the machine does follow so that I can work around it!

Incidently, as I live in France, is there anyway to persuade the Humax to follow French time(plus 1 hour)? My two other STBoxes and obviously my TNT(French Digital) are all set to French time and my aging brain gets confused when I am juggling programs between the Humax and the others.

Thanks in advance

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
The time is picked up from the epg datastream and there is no way to adjust the times so you are stuck with UK time I am afraid.

It would be quite hard to implement anyway because every epg entry would require an offset to match where you are.

M

Michel

Thanks again for the speed - if not the contents - of your reply. I was hoping there was a secret menu to cover that!
Pardon my obtuseness but I don't understand the difficulty of adjusting times whether or not they are taken from the epg. Most, if not all decoders, TVs, etc. have the ability to use a different time depending on where they are in the world - plus or minus so many hours GMT and the programming follows suit. I use an English TV programming web on the computer and a click of a button puts all times in accordance with mine. Even this forum - AV - does that for me, all times are given in Paris time.
PS Don't get me wrong - not being difficult - just trying to understand - you will have noticed I am not a computer expert

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Thanks again for the speed - if not the contents - of your reply. I was hoping there was a secret menu to cover that!
Pardon my obtuseness but I don't understand the difficulty of adjusting times whether or not they are taken from the epg. Most, if not all decoders, TVs, etc. have the ability to use a different time depending on where they are in the world - plus or minus so many hours GMT and the programming follows suit. I use an English TV programming web on the computer and a click of a button puts all times in accordance with mine. Even this forum - AV - does that for me, all times are given in Paris time.
PS Don't get me wrong - not being difficult - just trying to understand - you will have noticed I am not a computer expert

First point is that Freesat is a UK only service so there's no way that the spec will cater for use outside the UK. Secondly if the main clock time is altered then every epg time would have to be adjusted to match add in the complications of accurate recording, it's not going to happen.

M

Michel

OK; point taken; I retire, defeated once again by the insular Perfidious Albion, the land of my birth!
PS. I do, really, very much like the Humax Foxsat HDR even if it is behind the times - by one hour!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom