• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax - Foxsat HD. Where to buy?

Waveform

Established Member
I've been trying to track down shops with stocks of the Foxsat HD with no luck so I thought I would start a thread for people looking as well.

So... anyone know of any shops with stock of the elusive Foxsat??

nil102

Established Member
Comet Truro had some Humax set top boxes on Thursday although the salesman said a PVR version was not going to be available which is what I was holding out for, shame

Waveform

Established Member
Comet Truro had some Humax set top boxes on Thursday although the salesman said a PVR version was not going to be available which is what I was holding out for, shame

hmmm Truro is a bit of a trek from cheshire :)

I believe the pvr versions will not be out until after summer - manufacturers might up the release schedule if the non-pvr version keeps flying off the shelves like they are (with no advertising to speak of either).

J L Jones

Standard Member
I've been trying to track down shops with stocks of the Foxsat HD with no luck so I thought I would start a thread for people looking as well.

So... anyone know of any shops with stock of the elusive Foxsat??
Have you tried www.argos.co.uk? The "Collect in Store" option will tell you if any local stores have one. The two nearest to me have them.

Waveform

Established Member
Have you tried www.argos.co.uk? The "Collect in Store" option will tell you if any local stores have one. The two nearest to me have them.

yup tried that and all of the stores have non, I've also tried to order centrally (delivery) and it shows no stock either (we'll email when we have it is the only thing you can do).

I'll try some further afield, thx

Jonstone

Prominent Member
I've just been in comet in rhyl and they certainly had the foxsat hd boxes on display, didn't ask about stock though as I am not interested until the pvr's come out

Waveform

Established Member
All Comet and Curry'sin Leeds have them, Ipicked one up on Tues.

I think a few places had them earlier in the week. Not many to be had at the moment in the Manchester area.
I managed to get one from the local John Lewis, they had 5 in this morning and I got the last one at 2pm.

I heard from a nice Argos lady that their central warehouse is due stock tomorrow/Monday

fastfocus

Standard Member
I ordered from the Argos website at 8pm Thursday evening and asked for a Saturday delivery £2.95 extra !

My new Humax receiver arrived before 9am today :thumbsup:

This is my 3rd Humax item and as usual quality is brilliant, graphical displays are very pin sharp on my Samsung HD telly! 1080i display is stunning!

Best place I can recommend to get one is Argos online... can't fault them... excellent service

Andy

Waveform

Established Member
I ordered from the Argos website at 8pm Thursday evening and asked for a Saturday delivery £2.95 extra !

My new Humax receiver arrived before 9am today :thumbsup:

This is my 3rd Humax item and as usual quality is brilliant, graphical displays are very pin sharp on my Samsung HD telly! 1080i display is stunning!

Best place I can recommend to get one is Argos online... can't fault them... excellent service

Andy

AFAIK Argos are still showing as out of stock (just checked again at 20:44 Sat night) so unfortunately Argos online is not an option to order it from. However as I mentioned above there is the possibility of more stock tomorrow/Monday.

I'd agree on Humax quality, the inlaws have a freeview pvr stb by them that has been faultless for several years now, I've also had a dvd player that is great.

SeeMoreDigital

Prominent Member
Can't track one down in the Nottingham area either - I've had no joy with Argos, Comet or Currys! :(
Went to Comet store Castle Marina yesterday... They had a Foxsat-HD box connected up to an HDTV (Thru' entrance doors, bottom rightof store).

Cheers

Lozza S

Standard Member
I have one awaiting collection from Argos Watford but got one last week from Comet who seemed to have lots in our area.

If anyone wants the reservation number let me know. Its the Watford Charter place store - they won't let me cancel it so the stock wouldn't be released until Saturday the 17th!!

TELEREG

Standard Member
Bought one today at Argos, set it up with my 37 LCD HD ready tv via HDMI set at 1080i, very dissapointed get'jaggies' on anything slightly off of vertical (and this is BBC HD), sound seems to mute avery 10-20 secs. Oh and it would not accept my vald UK postcode no matter whether it had spaces or not. Emailed the guys at Humax to see if they can sort.

Syphonic

Established Member
I'm struglling to track one down in Merseyside as well - any sightings over this way ???
Liverpool:
Currys: Edge Lane Retail Park and 56 Church Street are showing stock.

Nottingham:
Currys: Lower Parliament Street, Castle Meadow Retail Park and Madford Retail Park all showing stock.

theo cupier

Established Member
John Lewis in High Wycombe had plenty in stock.

Also a very nice 28 day, no questions, return policy.

I bought mine as a "father's day gift" so wanted to ensure that it could be returned if, say, my father had bought his own Freesat box. I was told that it was fine to return it within 28 days, so long as the packaging was not damaged.

I may find myself doing this once Euro2008 is over (if only to wait until the PVR version is launched)

A good "try before you buy" option.

dognosh

Established Member
there seems to be a few down south, I decided to buy one today and within 10 mins of browsing and one phone call had one reserved for me at Currys in Chippenham:)

lovelldr

Established Member
There were 2 available at currys Fosse Park in Leicester for anyone looking (well, that was at 4.30pm)

I decided to go argos, as at currys they only gave me 7 days to return, but argos gave 30 ;)

jamiev

Established Member
curry's online with discount code and quidco, get it down to about £145!

:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom