Humax foxsat hd connecting to a sony rdr-hxd870 recorder

brianchorlton

Standard Member
At present I have a standard SKY box connected to a SONY RDR-HXD870 DVD recorder. I want to do away with Sky and replace it with a Humax foxsat hd unit. It would appear that there is no aerial input on the humax and only connection for the satlite dish.
Can I still set this up in a similar manner to enable recordings to be made from the freestat box while viewing an alternative channel on the TV freeview as I do at the moment.
Any help would be great as I want to be sure before purchasing the Humax box.
The reason for this is Sky is getting very expensive and I am given to believe that there are a lot of extra channels other than the freeview channels that can be obtained from Freestat

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
You won't get any extra chanels from a freesat box, in fact you will get more from a sky box with an expired subscription card. You record from a freesat box in the same way you record from a sky box using it's scart/video outputs. The aerial connections on a sky box are only required to allow you to pass on the sky box pictures together with the terrestrial channels to a remote tv over a single coax. The sky box gas an internal modulator that creates an extra analogue TV channel you can tune remotely on any tv with an analogue uhf tuner

brianchorlton

Standard Member
I was given to understand reading reviews that the Humax Freestat box can obtain a lot of extra channels with a manual search from the Astra signals.
Perhaps I may have read it wrong.
Thanks by the way for your response.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom