Humax Foxsat - End of programme not recorded

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by mikeparris, Jan 2, 2012.

Tags:
  1. mikeparris

mikeparris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had several instances of the recorder stopping a short time before the end of a programme. (a minute or so). These are not recorded from noddy channels but from the BBC. Tonight the last few minutes of the Dickens documentary on BBC HD was affected. I assume this is the BBC's fault, but am asking if there are any other mechanisms that can cause this. The annoying thing is that it is very reliable with the kids programmes, We have all 25 episodes of "Mike the Knight" recorded perfectly, which makes it all the more annoying when the problem is only with my programmes.

I am setting the recorder up using the EPG. There were no recording conflicts and only one channel being recorded.

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,718
    I certainly wouldn't rely on any EPG being 100% accurate on this sort of thing.
    Doesn't your machine let you add a specified length of "padding" to the start and end of recordings made that way?

3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,087
    It's likely the BBC's fault in that they sent the AR stop recording flag early. Unusual for the Beeb they are usually pretty good. I didn't record this so can't confirm what happened.

4. David500

David500

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +228
    In settings, Recording do you have Start/End padding set?

BBC recordings works if this is set to Auto.

5. mikeparris

mikeparris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think I have found the problem from the manual!
    The Humax records from the flags transmitted when you set the recording from the EPG, but if you start recording while actually watching the programme it stops at the designated programme end time no the flag.
    Really useful, particularly as you cannot start a recording from the EPG if it has already started.
    I suppose Humax have their reasons but it makes for a not very user friendly product.

6. GaseousClay

GaseousClay
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,050
    A further solution for programmes already in progress, start the recording by pressing the record button and not selecting from the epg. If you press record twice you can then press the right cursor button to increase the record duration by 10 minutes per button press.

7. mikeparris

mikeparris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Gaseous,

Yes, I did find this in the manual, but did not mention it as I felt it would not add to the discussion.