Humax FOXPRO HDR & Astra HD+ CI module?

kriegskatze

Standard Member
I want to install an Astra HD+ CI module and card in my Humax FOXSAT HDR receiver, so that I can increase the number of German channels I can receive in HD. (I already receive the free ones available from the Astra 1 satellite group at 19.2E.)

However, the problem is, when I check the HD+ website - https://www.hd-plus.de/ - it suggests that my receiver may need a software update. Does anyone know if this is actually true? Do Humax have any plans to release an update for the FOXSAT HDR?

Failing that, are there any alternatives that I should consider?

Thanks,
k.

Ghostleader

I want to install an Astra HD+ CI module and card in my Humax FOXSAT HDR receiver, so that I can increase the number of German channels I can receive in HD. (I already receive the free ones available from the Astra 1 satellite group at 19.2E.)

However, the problem is, when I check the HD+ website - https://www.hd-plus.de/ - it suggests that my receiver may need a software update. Does anyone know if this is actually true? Do Humax have any plans to release an update for the FOXSAT HDR?

Thanks,
k.

No chance, the Foxsat is for a U.K. end user service (Freesat) & there wil be no such update made available, you might be getting confused with the German market Icord.

logiciel

Welcome to AVF.
You will need a separate receiver for this, such as my Technotrend which does receive those HD+ channels, and a viewing card.

kriegskatze

Standard Member
Thanks for the replies, Ghostleader and logiciel. I was aware of the Humax iCord HD, but naively thought that if Humax have already provided a software patch for that box, they’ll also make one available for the FOXSAT HDR. Now that I understand how they’ve carved the market up, I see clearly why they won’t do that – thanks!

I’m now considering the purchase of a Humax iCord HD. From reading the user manual I believe that I can attach the co-ax from the satellite dish directly to the Humax iCord HD (LNB 1 IN), and then using its LNB 1 OUT I can continue the signal to my existing FOXSAT HDR. Is this correct?

Incidentally would a Humax iCord HD+ work for me as well? It seems to be a more modern piece of kit than the Humax iCord HD.

Also am I correct in assuming that I need to retain my FOXSAT HDR, to decode Freesat transmissions?

Thanks,
k.

logiciel

It doesn't have to be that receiver - there are several other makes and models that work with the HD+ system.
You can daisy chain some receivers that way, but of course one needs to be powered off to use the other.

White Monk

Thanks,
k.

Thought I'd bump this old thread..............

I would have thought that the OP could just insert the HD+ CI module and card in the Foxsat's CI slot and utilized the advanced tuning abilities of his Foxsat to receive Astra 1, he could do this.

Not an ideal solution - but doable.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Thought I'd bump this old thread..............

I would have thought that the OP could just insert the HD+ CI module and card in the Foxsat's CI slot and utilized the advanced tuning abilities of his Foxsat to receive Astra 1, he could do this.

Not an ideal solution - but doable.

I think you will find the Humax has the original CI spec slot whereas at present HD+ CAMs are CI+ and will not work in early CI slots.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom