Humax Fox T2 HDR replacment advice

Deneva

Novice Member
After almost 12 years of fairly trouble free use our Humax Fox T2 HDR is now in need of replacment. Any suggestions on what to replace it with, all we need it for is to be able to record programmes reliably, ease of use, and not to expensive, budget of £200 max. Have no interest in using any apps on it, or catch up, voice activation etc. this is all done by the TV. Just looking for a good reliable recording box. I can only find a Humax FVP 5000, and a Manhattan, the latter i have never heard of, Any advice appreciated

Thanks

CatsWithThumbs

After almost 12 years of fairly trouble free use our Humax Fox T2 HDR is now in need of replacment. Any suggestions on what to replace it with, all we need it for is to be able to record programmes reliably, ease of use, and not to expensive, budget of £200 max. Have no interest in using any apps on it, or catch up, voice activation etc. this is all done by the TV. Just looking for a good reliable recording box. I can only find a Humax FVP 5000, and a Manhattan, the latter i have never heard of, Any advice appreciated

Thanks

I have had the Manhattan (T3-R) for a few months, reliable so far and very responsive in operation (heard many complaints about the Humax FVP being sluggish, not sure if this is still the case).

There are some drawbacks, I find the TV guide a bit clunky compared to a Humax Youview box I had before but that's probably just me. You can't currently use the search feature to find tv shows in the guide to set a recording (you can only search on-demand stuff), and also there is currently no app for remotely setting recordings. Both of these I've heard may be addressed in the future but who knows if/when this will happen...

Thanks
The Manhattan T3-R would be a good replacement for your Humax HDR-Fox T2, I have had one for a few months, and have been pleased with it.

Deneva

Novice Member
I have had the Manhattan (T3-R) for a few months, reliable so far and very responsive in operation (heard many complaints about the Humax FVP being sluggish, not sure if this is still the case).

There are some drawbacks, I find the TV guide a bit clunky compared to a Humax Youview box I had before but that's probably just me. You can't currently use the search feature to find tv shows in the guide to set a recording (you can only search on-demand stuff), and also there is currently no app for remotely setting recordings. Both of these I've heard may be addressed in the future but who knows if/when the.

Deneva

Novice Member
Thanks for all the helpful replies, i ordered a T3R from Richersounds yesterday, originally I was going to buy from a John Lewis, but Richersounds had the T3R 1tb for the same price as the 500gb at John Lewis, plus a 6 year guarantee.
I will miss things on the Humax, like being able to make folders and move recordings into them, but even that isn’t available on the Aura or FVP 5000. I can’t really see us using the apps on the T3 at all, our Samsung TV does all that.
I hope the T3 is as easy to set up as the Humax was, I’m told it needs to be connected to the net, the tv is connected via a Netgear power line adaptor as WiFi is a bit hit and miss with the router being at the other end of the house, I think I may look at getting of some powerline adaptors with two outlet ports if the T3 definitely needs to be connected to the internet. No doubt I will be back on here with more questions.
Thanks

Thanks for all the helpful replies, i ordered a T3R from Richersounds yesterday, originally I was going to buy from a John Lewis, but Richersounds had the T3R 1tb for the same price as the 500gb at John Lewis, plus a 6 year guarantee.
I will miss things on the Humax, like being able to make folders and move recordings into them, but even that isn’t available on the Aura or FVP 5000. I can’t really see us using the apps on the T3 at all, our Samsung TV does all that.
I hope the T3 is as easy to set up as the Humax was, I’m told it needs to be connected to the net, the tv is connected via a Netgear power line adaptor as WiFi is a bit hit and miss with the router being at the other end of the house, I think I may look at getting of some powerline adaptors with two outlet ports if the T3 definitely needs to be connected to the internet. No doubt I will be back on here with more questions.
Thanks
Internet connection is required for use of the Freeview Play features such as backwards epg, and accessing various catch-up players, and also for firmware updates.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom