Humax fox t2 freeview HD, need help!

raptot55

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi people.

I have just purchased said box for my mum and went round to set up and tune it in today, but I have a problem.

Mum lives in Stroud, Glos and the Ariel on the roof picks up three transmitters (i think) Ridge hill Wales, Mendip (poor signal) and the local Slad valley transmitter( great signal). When the box tunes itself in it obviously picks up different versions of BBC and ITV etc plus all the others Dave, shopping etc.

Now, my problem is, when my initial tune in is complete it asks if I want Wales or England. If i pick Wales all channels have good strength but I get BBC Wales and S4C, which I don't want, but if I pick England the four main terrestrial channels have next to useless signal strength but strangely many of the other channels are OK (including HD). Now, whichever region I pick, at about channel 800 I get all the main four channels and others with great signal, I assume these are coming off the local slad valley transmitter. (but I do know this does not transmit HD, so assume the good HD channels are coming off the Ridgehill, Welsh transmitter).

Anyway in short I can get all channels with good signal but they are jumbled up all over the place is there a way to "move" my preferred version of a channel to my desired channel number?

I have looked at the Manuel and played about but with no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers Chris.

You need to delete all your existing Radio and TV channels. You can do this by a retune without the aerial or select them using the edit channels option and delete them all (don't forget the radio channels).

Assuming you want Ridge Hill

Goto manual tune and choose DVB-T

Scan the following channels in turn

28 25 21 24 27

Choose DVB-T2

Scan

You need to delete all your existing Radio and TV channels. You can do this by a retune without the aerial or select them using the edit channels option and delete them all (don't forget the radio channels).

Assuming you want Ridge Hill

Goto manual tune and choose DVB-T

Scan the following channels in turn

28 25 21 24 27

Choose DVB-T2

Scan

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I want ridge hill for everything except for BBC one, two, ITV1 and channel 4, I want these from my local transmitter. As if I get them from Ridge hill they are all the Welsh versions, but Ridge hill does everything else and HD perfectly. Can I find out the channels and frequency of my local Transmitter? and tune them into 1,2,3 and 4?

I think I understand it now guys! I have just looked on the freeview transmitter site and have got all the channels and MHZ numbers so hopefully will be able to manually tune it to my satisfaction.

Cheers.

Remember that in your position you can probably get both S4Cllirlun (Welsh Channel 4 HD) on Channel 53 and Channel 4 HD on 52 if you manually tune the appropriate muxes.

If you mix muxes from different transmitters and you use your box as a pvr you may have problems with series and accurate recordings. I would try a few test recordings from each mux.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom