Humax F2-Fox T

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by tolmie, Jan 5, 2007.

1. tolmie

tolmie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Hi everyone, today I bought the above freeview box. The picture on it is terrible, the picture is better without the ariel going into the freeview box (just going straight into TV). The picture jumps from widescreen to a squashed screen and this varies depending on what channel i'm on. I also cannot receive any BBC channels but everything else seems to be fine. The picture is so blocky, theres no chance I could watch this. I'm going to try and get hold of the guy that fitted by ariel to see if anything can be done but he said it was perfect when he fitted the ariel and it is with analogue TV. Anybody got any ideas or similer experience.

Cheers

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    Have you had Freeview before?...do you live in an area served by Freeview?
    You don't say when your aerial was fitted...was it a type suitable for Freeview in your area?
    The symptoms you describe...channels missing/blocky picture/breaking up are usually caused by a weak signal and/or poor aerial.
    If you have a friend/relative/neighbour whose has good Freeview reception ask them to try the box on their aerial...you will need to rescan all the channels on the box using their aerial...if it's okay...you then know the fault lies with your aerial installation.

3. tolmie

tolmie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Ye, when I was getting the ariel installed I told him it was for freeview. He then told me when he was finished that I was getting a perfect signal. I cant find his number either and I dont want to pay for someone to adjust my ariel again. Do you think if the ariel gets adjusted that it will be fine.

4. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    I can't tell you that as I don't know the circumstances.
    Most decent aerial installers will give a guarantee...it's in your interests to find your receipt.

5. tolmie

tolmie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Another thing about this box is that it didnt go thru the setup the first time I turned it on like it is supposed to and the text on the menu system is so bad. I some how think there is something up with the box. I noticed when I got it that it had a couple of marks on the LCD display as if it had been used. I bought this from currys. The text on the menu system and on TV chanels such as ITV etc is so bad. I cant beleive its supposed to be that bad.

6. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,547
    If you've just bought it and you suspect it wasn't new and possibly faulty...take it back.

7. tolmie

tolmie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +89
    Took it back, it was broke shall we say, they tried it in the shop and were unable to receive BBC channels like me, the channels that did work had a very poor picture. They didnt have anymore in stock thankfully so I got my money back. Going to try and find something thats a bit better, any recommendations.

8. cokecan72

cokecan72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    i bought this box just after christmas and its by far one of the bst bozxes i've tried.

though i have to say, when i went to buy it, the shop i bought it from also had some pre-owned ones on the same shelf as the new ones. i picked up a pre-owned box first and noticed it said preowned on it. you may have got one of these ones?

but yeah, i got majority of the channels are pretty decent quality with a one for all indoor ariel lol. im now using a proper outdoor one and everything is fine

9. Dark Drums

Dark Drums

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Speaking personally, I have one of these boxes and have found it to be excellent, both picture and functionality.

I appreciate you’ve had a problem with your specific box, but just glance through various forum postings you'll find their isn’t a box on the market that a least one person hasn’t had an issue with!