Humax DTR-T1000 500GB YouView DTR - Master Thread

ScartReX

Standard Member
Reaction score
Humax DTR-T1000 500GB YouView DTR (Digital TV Recorder)

Now available for delivery . . .

Dear Humax user,

YouView 500GB DTR now in stock

Humax are pleased to announce the very first YouView enabled PVR in the UK is now in stock and available for immediate delivery.

YouView is the new subscription free, easy to use, TV service with over 70 digital channels and seven day catch up service on BBC iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD and Demand 5. Further details of this ground breaking TV service are available here. For further details of the Humax DTR-T1000 500GB YouView DTR please click here.

. . .

Best regards,
Graham North
Commercial Director
Humax Electronics Co. Ltd.

Just in time for the games !

Last edited:
Yes but surely there is also value in a specific thread for this box?

I'm still trying to get Dolby Digital 5.1 audio on the optical output from my DTR-T1000, the TV only accepts PCM stereo on HDMI. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Hi

I agree.

To me this is a PVR that should be discussed here - Just thought I would point to the YouView forum as well as I hadn't found it before GavTech pointed it out in another thread.

Sorry no help with the 5.1

Look forward to your, and others' thoughts and experiences.

Pete

Right now, it only produces a stereo output on any of its sockets.

:eek:

Jeez - You would think they would have got that one sorted ! Especially after all the troubles getting AAC transcoding on the first FreeView HD units.

5.1 is one of the great things about HD (not ITV)

Hope they get a fix out quick smart for all the early adopters sake - Any ideas out there for why they have missed this out from the launch FW ???

I just downloaded the Humax Youview box manual -- talk about one for the idiots! Absolutely next to nothing about the technical stuff that we forum members are interested in! There must be a more detailed document than I found on the website. I suggest that you email Humax using the address given the manual or give them a call. Good luck with that though -- I've never been that impressed with their email or telephone support.

Clem

I just downloaded the Humax Youview box manual -- talk about one for the idiots! Absolutely next to nothing about the technical stuff that we forum members are interested in! There must be a more detailed document than I found on the website. I suggest that you email Humax using the address given the manual or give them a call. Good luck with that though -- I've never been that impressed with their email or telephone support.

Clem

You are asking the wrong people. In this case Humax merely make the hardware. All the software and documentation is down to Youview.

You are asking the wrong people. In this case Humax merely make the hardware. All the software and documentation is down to Youview.

I'd have thought Humax provide the software for the OS and platform ie. Linux running on the hardware. The application above that I would expect to be written by YouView. Otherwise YouView have to maintain code for all sorts of different hardware platforms that they don't control.

I'd have thought Humax provide the software for the OS and platform ie. Linux running on the hardware. The application above that I would expect to be written by YouView. Otherwise YouView have to maintain code for all sorts of different hardware platforms that they don't control.

The platforms are all built to the same spec for that very reason. If Humax had the capability don't you think they would have at least kept some of the dropped features from the HDR-FOX T2 ? Without support from the Youview code none of it would work. Most of these have been available on all Humax recorders since the 9150/9300 (folders for example).

Automatic Software Update October 2012

YouView Support: Automatic Software Update October 2012

New software for the YouView Humax box is now available and will be rolled out across all boxes over the next couple of weeks. The software will be available on YouView boxes from TalkTalk shortly afterwards.

This software upgrade will include the following updates:

Faster start up time when your box is in Standby and when switched off for an extended period (e.g. overnight)

The option to change the Auto-Standby setting to 12 Hours, with a choice of 2, 3, 4 and 12 Hours available

Recordings grouped by series in MyView to make it easier to find what you are looking for

A new padlock symbol to help identify which of your recordings are locked to prevent automatic deletion

A reduced number of button presses to open MyView from the main menu

Surround sound capability on the YouView box (when connecting with S/PDIF)

Skip functionality to allow you to skip forwards 60 seconds or backwards 15 seconds while watching your recordings or live TV (if you have paused/rewound)

The ability to select a start point when playing a recording

Red Button prompts on BBC channels can now be hidden using the green button on your remote control

The ability to hide and restore channels in the YouView Guide

A message to remind you that if you have pressed the TV button on your Humax remote control, you will need to press the PVR button to continue using YouView.

EPG: duration shown of highlighted programme in the guide

EPG: minor adjustment to layout of programme name within its table cell

Better font and highlight contrast in guide

Recordings list: one button delete of recordings

Recordings list: one button resume of playback of recordings

................................................................................................................

If your box is connected to the Internet and has not been switched off, either at the plug socket or via the switch on the back of the box then the update will be automatically downloaded overnight starting from 30 th October over the next couple of weeks to all the boxes. Please note this is a phased roll out and some boxes will get the automatic update sooner than others.

You can check if you have the latest version by pressing the YouView button on your remote control, navigate to Settings > System Information > Software Versions

If you see the following, then you have successfully upgraded and do not need to do anything else:

Surround over S/PDIF

etc.

About time, but why no surround over HDMI? Sigh.

It's lots easier to just do S/PDIF - No need to detect the audio capabilities over HDMI just pump out PCM stereo and let surround aficionados sort it out for themselves.

Pete

It's lots easier to just do S/PDIF - No need to detect the audio capabilities over HDMI just pump out PCM stereo and let surround aficionados sort it out for themselves.

Pete

But the HDR Fox T2 does surround over HDMI so Humax already have the software to do it!

But the HDR Fox T2 does surround over HDMI so Humax already have the software to do it!

You would think . . .

They are trying to keep all the boxes the same no doubt and I have no idea what the HW chips in the YouView(Humax) vs YV(TalkTalk) vs Fox-T2 are so there may be a few more wrinkles than just Humax Software to consider - The TalkTalk box will have to be able to do the same as the Humax for example.

Pete

Does anybody know what is the best Remote Code to use on the Humax DTR-T1000 for a Sony Bravia KDL EX503 TV?

There are quite a few listed for Sony TVs in the user documentation...

Has anybody seen details of changing the HDD in this thing yet? I am thinking about putting a 1TB disk into it.

Has anybody seen details of changing the HDD in this thing yet? I am thinking about putting a 1TB disk into it.

Why? If you're a time shifter and delete things after you've watched them, 500GB is plenty. If you're a hoarder and want to amass collections, 1TB will still fill up it will just take twice as long before you have to start deleting things.

Its a good question, and something I am interested in as well. I try and record the HD version of as many programmes I wish to see as possible. The 500gb will fill up relatively quicker this way, and certainly before hoarding a lot of content.
I done this once before on a SKybox and it was relatively straighforward. If I remember, it was a case of taking out the drive (preferably with no programmes recorded on it), connecting it up to a PC along with the new 1TB drive, then after formatting the new drive, copy the contents of the old drive across, then place it back in the pvr.
I suspect the new drive would have to be formatted the same way as the original drive, and I wouldnt know how to check that. Would clicking properties on the drive from within the pc confirm how it is partitioned?

The ring of blue light on my box never changes from blue when recording, and goes to amber only when powered down, is this normal? I have never seen a red circle.

The ring of blue light on my box never changes from blue when recording, and goes to amber only when powered down, is this normal? I have never seen a red circle.

This is normal for the DTR-T1000. It goes red on the HDR Fox T2 when recording while switched on normally ie. not from standby.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for that.

Is that seriously the limit of the Wifi..........two metres? What are they using 1940's crystal technology?

That is the one thing stopping me even being remotely interested, no way do I need more cabling running around the house and I include the mains plug/socket system too.

I have a Panny DVD which has Wifi and picked up my router from about 10 metres and a solid wall away, c'mon Humax fit 21st century bits please!

Is that seriously the limit of the Wifi..........two metres? What are they using 1940's crystal technology?

That is the one thing stopping me even being remotely interested, no way do I need more cabling running around the house and I include the mains plug/socket system too.

I have a Panny DVD which has Wifi and picked up my router from about 10 metres and a solid wall away, c'mon Humax fit 21st century bits please!

Where do you get the two metres from? I can't see what you are quoting scrolling back through older posts.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom