Humax component output.

Een

Standard Member
I have an old panasonic TH42PW4 plasma with component input. I was thinking about getting the Humax HD freesat box but have heard that the component output is sd only.
Does anyone know if this is true.

dan1979

I have just tested this for you.

720p and 1080i over component works fine and even better it's outputting component and HDMI at the same time :thumbsup:

technogran

I would be interested to know whether or not the picture is sharper over the component connection or the HDMI connection or is there no difference?

TG:confused:

technogran

Thanks for that, I may try the component connection then, the Humax HDMI leaves a lot to be desired in my view and is disappointing. Mind you I did own the Humax 9200t and I always found that picture to be soft when compared to other PVR's. Must be a Hummy thing!

TG:smashin:

Een

Standard Member
Looks like i'll be getting one of these after all then.
Thanks for the replies guys. :thumbsup:

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
I have just tested this for you.

720p and 1080i over component works fine and even better it's outputting component and HDMI at the same time :thumbsup:

Do you know if it will O/P SD over component and HD over HDMI at the same time?

I want to make two connection to my tv and have different settings for each!
I would like the TV to de-interlace and upscale the SD channels via component but would like the HD go straight into a HDMI port on the TV.

I have a feeling I could use HDMI and Scart for this but would prefer to use component instead of scart for the SD if possible?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom