Humax component output.

Een

Standard Member
I have an old panasonic TH42PW4 plasma with component input. I was thinking about getting the Humax HD freesat box but have heard that the component output is sd only.
Does anyone know if this is true.

dan1979

I have just tested this for you.

720p and 1080i over component works fine and even better it's outputting component and HDMI at the same time :thumbsup:

technogran

Novice Member
I would be interested to know whether or not the picture is sharper over the component connection or the HDMI connection or is there no difference?

TG:confused:

technogran

Novice Member
Thanks for that, I may try the component connection then, the Humax HDMI leaves a lot to be desired in my view and is disappointing. Mind you I did own the Humax 9200t and I always found that picture to be soft when compared to other PVR's. Must be a Hummy thing!

TG:smashin:

Een

Standard Member
Looks like i'll be getting one of these after all then.
Thanks for the replies guys. :thumbsup:

Mr.Glass

Standard Member
I have just tested this for you.

720p and 1080i over component works fine and even better it's outputting component and HDMI at the same time :thumbsup:
Do you know if it will O/P SD over component and HD over HDMI at the same time?

I want to make two connection to my tv and have different settings for each!
I would like the TV to de-interlace and upscale the SD channels via component but would like the HD go straight into a HDMI port on the TV.

I have a feeling I could use HDMI and Scart for this but would prefer to use component instead of scart for the SD if possible?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom