HUMAX......but which one to go for?

Amigo199

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have a Humax Foxsat-HDR which i'm very happy with but that is on Freesat so am looking at purchasing a Humax Freeview box.

I'm on a Broadband only package with BT and notice their "YouView" boxes are Humax, but the minimum monthly 'deal' is £5 (£60 pa) so think i'm better off buying my own box outright. Question is......which is the best to go for?

DTR-T1000 DTR-T2100 (both 500GB) or HDR-FOXT2 (1TB)

All appear to have a USB port which is important (to me), but which is the better value for money?

Any advice appreciated.

Forget the Youview box, there is no way to export recordings using usb. If you can get one the HDR FOX T2 is a much better box. It's now replaced by the inferior HDR2000T. You may be able to get a grade A HDR FOX T2 from Humax direct.

Thanks for the info!

There are a few used 500gb ones on a certain well known auction site....but located new T2 with 1tb drive at £150. 500gb would do me but they appear out of those.

Good price?

That's interesting.....i couldn't get that Humax site open less than an hour ago!

Not bad......but a 1TB is only a fiver more at a local store.....assuming they have one in stock!

If they have not consider

You can use an external hard disc to copy content to and replay from there effectively giving unlimited storage.

Swapping the drive for a larger one is very easy.

Going to phone tomorrow and find out.

Looked on that well know auction site and there are a few but you really have to 'watch 'em'! One is listed as New other (see details) which says "hardly used"....:rolleyes:...so in other words it's not new and shouldn't even be listed as such!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom