Humax box - I can't set to record...

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by MadrasQueen, Jan 5, 2012.

1. MadrasQueen

MadrasQueen
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people, I was wondering if anyone could help me - today I have bought a new Humax box and would like to set a programme to record. The programme is on next Wednesday but when I search for it it's not there. I tried manually scrolling through the days/times and the programmes only display up to Sunday night - does this mean I can't set anything to record more than 3 days ahead?
    Thanks for reading

2. N.Dean

N.Dean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    These usually go to about 8 days. Sometimes it takes a while for the guide to download.
    There is a way to set a future recording by date, time and channel ( as you would set a VCR ), rather than by the guide. This is useful if you want to set a recording beyond the end of the guide.

3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,087
    Assuming a HD box

Guide Yellow and edit the new reservation gives you manual recordings including all the usual repeat patterns.

If it's a SD box the blank entry at the end of the schedule list does the same.

TIP assuming an HD box set an auto switch on and off for 20 mins at say 0600 every day. That will give you a full new epg when you switch on.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  4. lbear

lbear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +337
    The Humax HD boxes also recognize the trailer booking signals on the BBC and Channel 4 HD channels. You can use this to schedule a recording even if the programme is more than 8 days ahead and not yet on the EPG. A "Book me" message pops up while the trailer is running. Pressing the green button on the remote will let you choose between the SD or HD version and alternative dates or times.