Humax Aura Android Security Patch

Pulse1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Picked this up again as my wife wanted Discovery+ and Chromecast with Freeview. So can anyone let me know what's the latest Security Patch for the Android system? My box has the latest Firmware installed and using Ethernet but is on the Android April 2021 Security Patch and won't update from that. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure if this is what you mean but my Galaxy Note 10 has today updated and is now showing security patch as being 1st March 2022!! Whereas my Galaxy Note Tab S7+ has 1st April 2022

Upvote 0
Not sure if this is what you mean but my Galaxy Note 10 has today updated and is now showing security patch as being 1st March 2022!! Whereas my Galaxy Note Tab S7+ has 1st April 2022
No as this is for a Freeview Android TV Box and not a Mobile Phone. But thanks for your answer anyway.

Upvote 0
Ah apologies. I've just phoned my brother who has an Aura and he says his security patch is 5th April 2021.

Upvote 0
Ah apologies. I've just phoned my brother who has an Aura and he says his security patch is 5th April 2021.
Many thanks for that, so at least i know that my box is on the latest security patch that has been released to the Humax Aura from Google.

Upvote 0
Many thanks for that, so at least i know that my box is on the latest security patch that has been released to the Humax Aura from Google.
Hi, note that with any Android phone, tablet, tv, pcr etc that the manufacturers are responsible for releasing software updates for the system and not Google. Google provide the base Android system and the manufacturers adapt it for their systems.

Upvote 0
Hi, note that with any Android phone, tablet, tv, pcr etc that the manufacturers are responsible for releasing software updates for the system and not Google. Google provide the base Android system and the manufacturers adapt it for their systems.
Yes i know this and what i meant was that Google are releasing the Security patches to the Aura Android 9 tv software, and was just making sure that Humax were'nt releasing them to the Aura after 5th April 2021 and that my box was on the latest Security patch that Humax have actually released to the Aura. Many thanks for your post anyway.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom