Humax Aura and Netflix

magicalwonders

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'd like to be able to record more than one channel at a time, so have been thinking about getting the Humax Aura.

I see that it doesn't include Netfilx, although I can get Netflix via my smart TV.

Would an aerial splitter booster, enable me to turn off the Humax Aura box, or have it in standby mode when not required, and then watch Netflix through my TV?

AV is not my field, so I hope someone can advise.

Many thanks,

Myles

You do not need an aerial to watch Netflix as it is delivered via the internet, so you should still be able to watch it on your TV with the Aura switched off or in standby without changing your aerial arrangements.

The Aura should have a loop-through connection which will allow you to watch the TV's tuners while the Aura is in standby, but this won't be necessary to watch Netflix on the TV as that is provided via your TV's internet connection.

Thanks guys. I had also looked at the FVP-5000T which does include Netflix, but the Aura seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. It's a bit difficult to compare the two machines though as the comparison feature on the Humax site doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks guys. I had also looked at the FVP-5000T which does include Netflix, but the Aura seems to have a few extra bells and whistles. It's a bit difficult to compare the two machines though as the comparison feature on the Humax site doesn't seem to work for me.
I've got the comparison feature working now!

The Aura is newer and better specced than the 5000T but it's not without it's issues - have a look at the various Aura threads on this forum for more info.

Other options to consider are the Manhattan T2-R if you want a standard PVR without any smart features or the T3-R if you want a PVR with built-in access to the standard Freeview catch-up apps (note that this doesn't include Prime, Netflix etc). Both of these are substantially cheaper than the Aura.

There is a comparison thread between the Aura and T3-R here...

The Aura is newer and better specced than the 5000T but it's not without it's issues - have a look at the various Aura threads on this forum for more info.

Other options to consider are the Manhattan T2-R if you want a standard PVR without any smart features or the T3-R if you want a PVR with built-in access to the standard Freeview catch-up apps (note that this doesn't include Prime, Netflix etc). Both of these are substantially cheaper than the Aura.

There is a comparison thread between the Aura and T3-R here...

Thanks Mike. Lots for me to consider! I do like that the Aura has three tuners. I used to have a Humax Freesat box before I switched back to using an aerial. It was sometimes a bit frustrating that I could only record two programmes at the same time.

On the Manhattan T3-R there is a limited ability to record two channels and watch a third. I have used that myself occasionally, but if you want to record 3 channels at once, once a newer Humax box is your friend.

On the Manhattan T3-R there is a limited ability to record two channels and watch a third. I have used that myself occasionally, but if you want to record 3 channels at once, once a newer Humax box is your friend.
Thanks Clem, I appreciate the feedback!

Hi all. Adding to the above thread, my current Sony Bravia smart TV gives me access to Netflix via the remote control. If I use this box, could I still access Netflix via the Sony remote? Thanks in advance for any guidance

Hi all. Adding to the above thread, my current Sony Bravia smart TV gives me access to Netflix via the remote control. If I use this box, could I still access Netflix via the Sony remote? Thanks in advance for any guidance
Yes, having the Aura connected won't affect your TV's ability to access Netflix. You'd just need to access it via the TV instead of the Aura.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom