• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Humax and video recorder

Sons FC

Novice Member
I have just set up a Humax 9200T with my TV and it is everything I expected and more.

One issue I could resolve was with connections to the old VCR.

I cannot get it to work while the old VCR was scarted to the Humax and the TV. Either most of the digital channels were blocked out or very jumpy, both on the TV itself and through the Humax. I tried several combinations of scart inputs until I decided just to disconnect the video competely. This has worked and all pictures are now stable and working correctly.

If I want to record from the Humax in future I assume I can simpy scart the video direct to the Humax?

O

oilman

I have just set up a Humax 9200T with my TV and it is everything I expected and more.

One issue I could resolve was with connections to the old VCR.

I cannot get it to work while the old VCR was scarted to the Humax and the TV. Either most of the digital channels were blocked out or very jumpy, both on the TV itself and through the Humax. I tried several combinations of scart inputs until I decided just to disconnect the video competely. This has worked and all pictures are now stable and working correctly.

If I want to record from the Humax in future I assume I can simpy scart the video direct to the Humax?

That will work, but if you don't want to keep unpluuging/plugging in scarts, the Humax will also output on the RF leads (ariel leads). So you can connect ariel to Humax, humax to VCR, VCR to RTV in that order. You then need to tune the VCR to the Humax RF output channel.

The picture is not quite as good as a direct scart connection (but prpbably as good as the millions of programs you recorded on the VCR before you had a PVR!).

Sons FC

Novice Member
Thanks guys. All very helpful.

I only need the VCR for watching old video tapes and taping some Humax content direct to tape.

I will simply scart the VCR to the Humax for these activities - a bit easier than retuning the VCR to the Humax.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom